1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No tire problem on Spies bike

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, May 14, 2010.

1. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

2. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

The only thing I have heard, from the tiny bit of 'outside the mainstream' info I get, is that while Bridgestone was loudly stating it wasn't a bad tire the Ohlins' boys are keeping quiet.

3. chocadile

chocadile Well-Known Member

In his OTT interview after Jerez, he stopped using the term "tire problem" and started refering to it as a "front end issue". I wonder if we'll ever know exactly what happened. I just hope this doesn't shake his confidence. It hasn't seem to though since he was running fairly quick times during the test after the race.

4. Modifyd4

Modifyd4 Well-Known Member

Stage fright?

5. chocadile

The whole idea of track changing conditions makes sense to me. Being that it was Ben's first time racing the track and not having experienced the various conditions that Jerez has to offer. The small temprature change could be what made his set up feel umfamilair to him.

But what do I know just an average roadracing fan here:D

6. six6two

six6two AWD

Yeah the kid that showed up to WSBK for his first year, without knowing any of the tracks, and won the Championship pulled in because of a temperature change :rolleyes:

I guarantee there was a serious problem with the bike, and I'll bet we'll never find out what it really was.

7. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

And a mary!

[​IMG]

I'm leaning towards stage fright.

8. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

Your comment is as stupid as the picture you posted

9. chocadile

fixed......NTTAWWT

10. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

GHEY- Stupid.. is there really a difference

Stupid is the word of the day for me, try to keep up...:D

11. chocadile

Stupid it is then. :beer:

12. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

:confused:
    Pine curtain people don't get frightened fool!:D

13. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I like threads like this.

All of sudden the guys in the know get quiet. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders about that. I figure they are either too smart to say anything if they know....or smart enough not to say anything when they don't know anything.

the truth is out there. :D

14. six6two

six6two AWD

it's all smoke and mirrors man... :D

15. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

What ever the problem was it really sucked for Ben. I'm thinking he might have finished top 5 had things been working right.