1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more divorce in North Carolina.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Past Glory, May 8, 2012.

1. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

We don't break down that way here. We have Democract, Republican, and Libertarian ballots. I'm registered as Unaffiliated so I can choose from the three in a primary (I must use the same affiliation in the case of a runoff).

Democrat = 2,738,924
    Republican = 1,977,434
    Unaffiliated = 1,572,602
    Libertarian = 13,833

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"Normal" does have a technical/statistical defintion, usually described as Guassian. It is used to describe a very specific type of frequency distribution, usually for things that can be described continuously (like person height) that tend to vary around a central mean, and fall away both above and below that mean.

Gay/not gay would be binary, and isn't applicable to that type of analysis. However, the nominal rate of homosexuality looks to be roughly 4 orders of magnitude (that's 10,000 x) more prevalent than 7 foot humans. Just saying. :D

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[applause]

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I just see it as NC upholding the southern christian values of love and tolerance.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, I don't have a life and even I didn't research the real proportion and statistical distribution of 7-footers before posting here. Ponder that for a minute. :D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Stolen from the book of faces

[​IMG]

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Damn, where in that mathematical formula does a gay, 7 foot tall person fall? Statistically, do they even exist? :)

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Well Obama has changed his stance and now supports gay marriage.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You mean like before the Civil War? :D

10. WERA

WERA Administrator

Why are people so upset that the voters were able to vote and did so? Isn't that kind of how we do things? If the voters of NC feel that way then so be it.

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I agree. This issue was handled in the way I prefer. I think we got it wrong but that's just my opinion. The state congress and at large vote disagree. Do I think the issue is dead? No. The Amendment will be challenge in court and this will drag on for I'm guessing 20 years.

12. dsapsis

Dude, I guessed at the Lurch rate!
    (then i went and checked and damn, I got lucky) :beer:

13. dsapsis

The data I saw said there are about 20,000 Lurches on the planet. Now you do the math :D

14. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I think the dolts may have just handed NC back to obama on a silver platter :eek:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well played, young sir. Well played!

17. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

How do you feel about when the fed enforced the civil rights act in Alabama in 1957? The town of Little Rock put desegregation in high schools up for a vote and it passed. Do you support the federal government in that case? If so why then and not now?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You sound just like my first ex-wife Mabel. It's about the sanctity of a promise between a man and a woman in front of God. It must be john and Mary, not John and Marky. It's an affront I tell you. It just ain't right.

19. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

He said "same sex marriage" not gay marriage. There is a difference.

Additionally, has NC banned gay marriage and same-sex marriage? If not the latter then it would seem a movement toward same-sex marriage could get some legs... but I suppose the state could require someone prove they are not gay now that gays are banned from marrying each other... wait, shouldn't straight people have to prove they are not gay when they get married? There are plenty of gay/lesbian marriages out there (yes married to each other for certain benefits and etc).

IMO, most supporters of "gay marriage" have gone about it the wrong way by trying to promote/legalize gay marriage vs. same-sex marriage. In it's current form, marriage does not discriminate on the basis of sexual preference but, rather, it discriminates on the basis of sex (and age but I don't think anyone takes issue with that part).

In other words, homosexuals can get married, just not to a person of the same sex which means existing marriage laws discriminate equally to both homo and heterosexuals.

Gay Marriage is a bad idea because it must, logically, require some sort of test to satisfy the requirement that both parties to the marriage, in fact, are gay. Should we then have "straight marriage" and will we require people to somehow "prove" they are straight as well? Do we really want to go down that road?

Same sex marriage legalization is the best way to satisfy both sides in my opinion.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  20. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

Well then why is the state involved at all if that's that case? If you think that's what marriage is about to most people then I think you are mistaken.