1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJMP after resurface

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, Mar 21, 2024.

1. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Lotta triple tree but you can get a little look at the job done.

Mike Fennell and SPL170db like this.
  2. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Big patches already? 3A, 3C and 12.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

T1 looks much faster now, and glad they fixed the curbing on the outside of T4

Gino230 likes this.
  4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That was my first thought when I saw it. That will be disappointing if those sections are bumpy from the get go and then get worse as heavy cars move the pavement around the bumps.

5. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Rode there yesterday. Only got 2 20min sessions before the rain came in. Stream of consciousness thoughts to follow. I'm an average Advanced group rider w/o a ton of current experience (I think it was 13th event?)

Short version: it's going to be fast AF.

The patches are meant to be temporary. When it gets warmer, the pavement guys will be back with their heavy equipment (and something about an infrared heater?) for a permanent, presumably seamless solution.

The car guys were talking about being 2s faster and turn 2 is now a real braking zone.

Turn 1 is a lot faster. I was back shifting twice for 1, then again for 2 rather than 3 times into 1. There's a seam in the pavement through 1 where they moved the curb in (I assume). It must have been a later decision.

My previous fast lap on a hot summer day was a low 39 on a hot summer day. Yesterday I turned some low 41s while going really easy following someone I knew had a lot more experience than me. Temps in the high 50s. My tires were coming in cooler than they went out. Which reminds me - everyone was surprised at how easy the new pavement was on tires.

Dragging my knee was weird. It was so smooth my first reaction was that the leather was touching the ground. I have Dainese pucks. Another guy running Chicken Hawk pucks told me the first few times he touched down, they pulled his leg back a little.

Evill Ed, Seiko and BigBird like this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

By the sounds of it I expect we'll see more than a few MotoA SBK riders into the 19's consistently now? If I remember correct, I thought CamBeau was the only rider to crack a 1:19.x before.

BigBird likes this.
  7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i had the same reaction when i coached after the fresh pavement at Summit in 2017

Mike Fennell likes this.