1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nitrogen shock filling

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian129, May 22, 2011.

1. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

I am working on a project, and rebuilt the shocks.

All bled and filled with fluid, but I only have an air compressor, so I put some pressure in to test them, and they work, no issues, but now I need to chrage them with nitrogen.

Is got a regular schrader valve, so it should be pretty straight forward.

somehow I feel the $25/shock(there are 2) was a little high.

any recommendations for a cheap nitrogen charge?
    Im in Alpharetta but work in Suwanee, so top side of the city is best.

2. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Traxxion Dynamics

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I am in Hoschton and can charge it for you.

4. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

Was hoping on a place a little closer. But that might work. My fiancee has to head over to marrietta this week. Does MM have a tank over there?

5. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

Last time I check MarMo didn't but he was planning on getting one so try ringing him first. But Traction is the only other place i know. Its not that far from Alpharetta. Head up HWY140 towards canton get to 575 and go north three exits.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Traxxion is South of where 140 hits 575.... (You thinking of 92?)

7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Twenty five a shock is not too high, it costs money to have the equipment and deal with the do it yourself guy that couldn't do it all his self...

If someone comes in my shop the price for this depends on whether I like the customer or not, I tend to charge more for customers I don't care for...

8. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Is $25 at the local dealership?
    My local dealership charges me $10. Is there a small airport near by with a mechanic? Airplanes use nitrogen in their struts and sometimes tires.

9. backbone

backbone scarred for life

$25 seems fair to me, especially if nobody else is near.

The bottle and equipment ain't cheap. Plus, there could be a monthly bottle rental fee.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I agree:up:

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Do they also have pressurized systems where it is important to release the schraeder valve before releasing the pressure? Nitrogen on a tire chuck ain't gonna cut it.

12. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

shop here charges $8/tire. never thought to ask them about shocks! thanks for the idea!

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I agree you're talking a very LOW volume, any pressure loss is a huge loss in the system capacity.