1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky and the 800??

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Apr 5, 2007.

1. not sure about that......if anything it seems to me that the passing is more aggressive because the times are sooooo close. i can't wait to see the new machines in person.

2. I agree with TB... Closer lap times means more passing. We have seen a lot of passing in the first two races. More than most other forms of motorsports.

3. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

sure, it only took him 5 years...

4. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

+1

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I gotta tell you, this is one of the most interesting analyses I have seen here in a long time.

Edit: it's right up there with having sex to save the friendship.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

Come on Papa, you know there is much much more passing with the bikes all being 2 or more seconds apart from each other!

7. Yo, Ricky Bobby! Don't call me "baby"! :p

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Obviously you are not familiar with a statement made by F-1 boss Bernie Ecclestone. He felt that Motorcycle GP racing was boring because with all of the passing going on, it was hard for the spectators to keep track of who the leaders were! :crackup:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Possibly because the GP bikes have a much more rigid chassis package, the S/B has more flex, so the GP bike must be ridden on the edge of it's own limits more accurately, they are less forgiven to rider error and less forgiving to not having the best set up? Maybe

10. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Still waiting to hear why Russel was a GP flop, yet a WSB champ.

He could ride a motorcycle fast. Period. Except for a GP bike.

And maybe, just maybe the GP bike background serves the current top riders better than a SB history on the 800.

Colin Edwards seems to think so.

Sorry for "spewing crap" :rolleyes:

11. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

He had said that the front has benn giving him trouble. Maybe honda has decided that it's not his turn to win this year or something dumb like that.

12. banzai132

Russell got on the podium in about his second race on the 500. I think he fell down that year and got hurt pretty good. He seemed to have trouble getting the front to work for him. At least the couple of races that I have on tape with him riding the zook. He didn't seem to care for the gsxr 750 or the gp bike.......maybe it was the michelins he hated. Dunno, why don't you ask him sometime?

13. banzai132

Tony were you racing last weekend? I could swore that I heard your nameover the PA system at Jennings.

14. i'd be lucky to beat most of you, IF you were riding tricycles......:up: :up: :up:

was too busy crashing my TREK at hannah park in jacksonville, FL......wish me luck in the morning....:D :D :D

15. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

Last I heard his fav bike was/is still the Muzzy Kawi..amazing to see him fly back and forth and lay the smack down in both series.

16. banzai132

go kill it man!!!!!