1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to here. Royal Enfield Class ?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 72westie, Nov 17, 2009.

1. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I have ran the Ahrma Vintage series the last 4 years and am looking to possibly run with Wera next year. After looking at the schedules for both, there are a lot more races near me with Wera than Ahrma.

The bike I currently run is a 2001 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet. Its legal with Ahrma because of their 'Like Design' rule and I run it in their Classic 60's class. I did run it at Mid-ohio this past summer with the Wera guys and we ran in the Vintage 50's class. I looked in the rulebook and saw that the Vintage 50's class isn't listed. I was wondering what class I can run my bike in, if any at all.

My current set-up includes a 1036 Amal carb and a TZ250 tail section, which appears to rule me out for 500GP. Does that just leave V-2?

Thanks in advance.
    Adam

2. charles

charles The Transporter

C'mon, someone help out here, I'm a 2-stroke guy...

your bike fits in somewhere, so don't worry...

3. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Its 350gp legal...let me be the first to say.......RTFB!:D

4. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what an R/E would fit in!!

5. joec

joec brace yourself

wera33 is correct. 500cc re is legal for 350. i knew sooner or later one would show up. thats funny. i hope to see it out there. cant wait to see how it does. you got pics???

6. joec

joec brace yourself

and why does that rule you out for 500? 500 would be your bump class from 350.

7. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

I've seen it run, it is fast and well ridden, and good lookin to boot. In general a great addition to the group.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Cool....yeah, bring that thing out....you are indexed into 350GP...

Among the eligible 350 GP machines are the following: Aermacchi/H-D 350cc 4-stroke singles; AJS 7R 4-speed; BSA 350, BSA 441; Bultaco 125/200 TSS; Ducati 350; Honda 305 Superhawk, CR-77 and the restricted 350cc twins listed above; Norton 350; Royal Enfield 500cc singles any year; Suzuki X-6, T-250;Yamaha TD1, B, C, and DS7(up to 3mm over) without carb restrictions.

9. mcengr

mcengr Well-Known Member

Bring it out Adam! The GP classes need some diversity. I hope to get mine back together some day.

10. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Adam
    I watched you race Alberto Fernandez many times in CL60s, and you put on quite a show! Welcome to 350GP!

11. 72westie

Hey,
    Thanks for all the replies! I must've breezed right over the 350 GP listings. I need to read the rules again I guess. I thought there was a carb size restriction on the 500GP class, which ruled me out.

I have a lot of fun with Ahrma over the years, but WERA has a lot of races within a couple hours of me.

12. 72westie

Here is a picture of the beast before Barber last month.

[​IMG]

13. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Adam,

Based upon my experience of being in close proximity with you a time or two, my prediction is that you will clean-up in 35OGP. They don't know what they're in for..:D

14. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be a very good fit...should be right there with the fastest Hondas. If any factory GP bikes show up we'll just hope for attrition. ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  15. 72westie

I appreciate all the compliments. I luck out by having a great tuner and awesome parents helping out.

I was checking out the rules and it mentions "In all GP classes, the chassis/brake/bodywork must be of a type actually available prior to 1972."

Does that mean that my new tail-section is not allowed? Its from a mid 80's TZ250.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think that section is in reference to materials, ie. no carbon fibre stuff etc.

17. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Your TZ tail will be fine. You will need to add a steering damper. Required on all WERA bikes.

The classes at Mid O were AMA classes - not WERA classes.

Ya'll are having too much fun in 350GP - I gotta build a Kawi A1R. ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  18. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

A spammer in the Vintage section, how about that.

DO NOT click the links.

19. 72westie

That's good about the tail section. Thanks for the heads up on the Steering Dampener. Its added to the list.

20. 72westie

I figured I would just add to this old thread. Finally planning on digging the old girl back out this winter to run some more WERA events next year.

The first big step in that direction arrived yesterday at our shop, a new crankshaft from Hitchcock's in England. Also sent the cylinder head out to get looked at and possibly some head work done to it.

[​IMG]