1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Putnam Owners?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wade Parish, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I heard a rumor that Putnam is under new ownership. Anybody else hear this? Please tell me if it's not true so I can delete this thread and stop getting my hopes up.

2. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

News to me. I'm still renting it from the same person I always have been.

Wade Parish likes this.
  3. Yes, Mongo bought it with financial backing from Dave K's gnome farm. Plans are not to move t10 wall back but instead line it with gnomes to push you back to the track instead of hitting the guardrail.

SteveThompson and Wade Parish like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My daughter is working a Porsche event there this weekend. I'll have her scope things out. (she's a sneaky little shit like Neidermeyer:D)

Wade Parish likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

C to the B, you know I don't have any money. I got a kid and she is a lacrosse head snapping, shoe destroying, out growing the clothes I get today by tomorrow locust.

Someone should warn people about kids costing cash. :D

cav115 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't have a clue, but new owner doesn't always mean a change in operators.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good... Then have her put up some free camping signs....:D

rd400racer likes this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Is there camping now?

zippytech likes this.
  9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I'll have an answer soon. As I understand it, no camping is due to legal restrictions put on the track as a condition of operation. I don't expect that to change regardless of ownership.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In this case it would.

Wade Parish likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The camping is because of the zoning they agreed to when building it. That won't change without a change in their zoning.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Hell no... That will never happen...

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I haven't heard anything. I can't imagine they would sink so much money into it (garages, repave, and entrance repave) just to sell it. Then again, everything has a price.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I forgot were it was, but it near the highway. There was a campground where all the racers would stay.
    Many a great time had there.

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

We have it rented the weekend of July 1-2 and just sent in payment. No mention was made. If it's true, it's a closely held secret.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here, not too far but forget where exactly.

17. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Probably the one on the right just after you get off the Cloverdale exit. May not be as racer friendly now, last time I stayed there on a Saturday night got invited to attend their gospel meeting by the lake on a Saturday night. I got the impression they frown on shenanigans.

G Dawg likes this.
  18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That was it. Not a lot of shenanigans, but there was a lot of Little Kings polished off on a regular basis. :)

DaveB and rd400racer like this.
  19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Hyperdyne took care of that .

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Since housing has greatly spread out, we just bought a house 25 minutes from the track. Wewe are racer friendly :D