1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New power/rv spot pricing at Tally?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Mar 13, 2016.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Did I miss the thread? Copied from the TGPR book of faces page (for everyone at work that can't see Facebook)

ATTENTION IN THE PADDOCK!

Due to increasing power fee's we are having to increase our power fee effective immediately.

RV Spots - $60/day with/without 50a service.
    30/50a - $40/day
    110V - $20/day

Our two options were to increase track rental fee to cover the cost of power, which will raise everyones daily cost or, raise the fee for the individual user.

https://www.facebook.com/TalladegaGP/posts/1152142824796764?fref=nf

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

This is just for power right?
    Anyone know if gate fees went up as well?

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

They did, February it was $25 each for weekend

4. roy826ex

Got that email the other day.

I will be running the generator for now at those prices. And I can show up when I want, no mad dash to the gate.

t11ravis likes this.
  5. t11ravis

I guess I didn't notice. was it $20 in the past or something?

6. t11ravis

Especially with how cheap fuel is. It's a no brainer.

7. roy826ex

Yes

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

It's 25 for the weekend. It's not bank breaking.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The gate fee was to help cover an increase in the ambulance costs. Power fees I would guess are what's helping pay for the improvements they are doing and have done to the paddock area. It's also the only way to afford more power in the future.

10. Yep, from what I gather they have been putting in a good bit of time and effort into improving the place.

I know we actually have the whole track surface now and the edges aren't overrun with grass.

11. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i wonder when they will resurface the track, is that in the long-term plans?

roy826ex likes this.
  12. With the exception of the shitshow in that right hander, I hope they dont. Tally is abrasive but it has great grip, even in the wet.

throwdown likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No the Long Term plan is to Build a Bridge over the inside straight to the Bar that will be constructed overlooking the Bowl called the Broome Launch Tavern...... Brass Poles are already ordered....

jeffr1ey likes this.
  14. Dude. Haha :moon:

15. roy826ex

Grip is good there even in the wet. Surface eats the hell out of my rear tire and eats way more if you go down on the surface. Grip not so good out of the infield turn across the sealer patch hard on the gas in the wet.

Surface is not kind to nice paint jobs, windscreens, shiny helmets, visors or unprotected radiators. Never open your visor on the cool down lap at tally it's a good way to lose a eye from a flying stone :mad:

16. Yeah I do hate the flying stones. I have to touch up the paint job every day.

roy826ex likes this.
  17. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

You should look at ceramic clear coat. Helps protect from the rock chips