1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New England sports

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Aug 26, 2020.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Bruins are kicking ass (mostly) and definitely have a shot at the cup. Pats will kick ass as usual, even without Brady it really is about the system. I will watch Brady/TB out of curiosity but forever a Pats fan. Yeah, the Sox's are down a bit but just an off year. I tried to find the Celtics game (they are looking good!) but none of the NBA games are showing up in my TV guide?

I remember when only the Bruins and Celtics (70/80) were good, hard to get tired of winning over the last 15 years.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They are predicting that the Pats won't even make the playoffs this year.

3. casjoker

Shit, NBC sports have them at +100 to win AFC east. I have $500 on they make the playoffs with 8+ wins. I don't expect them to go past 1st maybe second round.

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

As a Buffalonian... That would probably result in a new holiday or something here.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Nobody cares about those sports anymore.

Nobody cares about teams in the northeast, as people are leaving that part of the country in record numbers.

6. casjoker

I know that's why until about 5 years ago you would see as many away "sweaters" at a Preds game as you would see preds jerseys. I am guilty, moved from Maine to Tn in 2006. Hate the heat and humidity of TN summers but hated the February-April winter BS more. The tax structure in TN is hard to beat as well.

Overall, pro sports have lost a lot of their attraction for me but still can't leave it all behind.

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Bruins aren't looking that hot tonight.. ;)

rd400racer likes this.
  8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

All I can say is cheer for the current home team, and not your former. Doing the latter is a very easy way to never make friends - other than the other @$$holes that, like you, moved in from elsewhere.

If you are still a Pats fan living in TN, then move back to ME. Delta is ready when you are, with many flights to take you back. And leave you there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286680-if-yall-dont-like-dixie-delta-is-ready

9. casjoker

Wow, someone really kicked YamahaDick in the clit... Sorry bro, here to stay along with my NE sports fandom...Currently, living in Niota, TN. Hung a huge Patriots flag on my barn and paid $10,000 an acre for 50 acres just to make sure property values are overinflated so the locals can no longer afford it. Oh, put it in farm status so I don't pay any taxes too. Also pushing a huge tax increase for the county so we can make it just like Massachusetts. Seems to be working well in the Memphis and Nashville areas...can't wait until SE TN catches up! Still working on that you all and all you all thing...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::moon::moon::moon:

PS for those of you like YamahaRick who take shit way to serious and don't get sarcasm...disregard the above paragraph. Also, you may even catch the hint of sarcasm in my initial post if you read carefully. No one took the bait so moving on.

Bruins are doing a rope a dope for the series...they have them right where they want them! ;)

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The only fandom that seems to travel well is college football. College grads go all over depending on where they get jobs. Pro sports fandom seems to happen after they land and establish roots. You can be a USC fan where I live and be OK but there better be a Steelers flag out front too!

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Mods, please change thread title to “most gayness in sports”, thanks.

12. casjoker

The college thing really blew my mind when I moved to the South. College sports in the NE aren't that big so to see the passion for it down here was crazy. I do wear TN orange on Fridays during football season just so I can have friends.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son is living with a girl from Boston and I just spent 10 days with her...do I really have to hear this shit again:D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

At least you didn’t hear any “R” sounds at the ends of words...and a few where they didn’t belong. :D

casjoker and rd400racer like this.
  15. casjoker

My wife, who is from South TX is still mystified how her name is Elena but pronounced Elena'r and my son who is Hunter, is Huntauh by most of my family. I said it's simple, the universe wants balance, we leave the R off some words so it has to be added back to others.

rd400racer likes this.