New Ducati factory bodywork for MotoGP....

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Dec 11, 2016.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

And here we go. 15326540_10157982280765457_235331312294662086_n.jpg

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Goddamnit

This makes me want to burn my ducatis and push them off a cliff.

BigBird likes this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

busa99 likes this.
  4. They are trying to work around the ban on wings.

5. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

I bet this is not the final design. But whatever works. Gotta love Ducati for pushing the limits to find that extra performance.

BigBird likes this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

Like or dislike that they can have one revision during the season? Just curious..I'd think they'd be doing a tooon of testing to get the next level up. Also seems like the "stick on" winglets would be cheaper than entire fairing designs. I'm guessing they can freely go back and forth between the 2 approved designs.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We love ducati for doing it but if honder were to do it, the streets would be filled with protestors. :D

8. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you ban something in racing. The engineers find a (more expensive) work around. Seamless gearbox comes to mind....

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    It seems like the harder they try to decrease the cost the more expensive they make it.

BigBird and 5axis like this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wonder if they'll eventually wind up like nascar, with an approved body template that everyone shares?

11. Heck yeah. Makes sense how they are doing it, the internal airflow method seems to be coming more common place in cars

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think a NASBIKE series would be in order. :flag:
    Superspeedways on aero-spec-ed Hayabusas, ZX14s, et al...oh, hell yeah! :beer::beer::beer:

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

With restrictor plates, of course.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No. Bring your balls. Winners don't need limits. :D

15. I just want them to give them an engine low to the ground with an extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath. That'll give them 30 or 40 more horsepower. And fuel lines that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. Shave them down half an inch and shape them like a bullet.

16. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Not a chance ! NAS-BIKE would run AMERICAN motor sickles.
    Sportsters with aftermarket pipe, shocks and brake pads.
    Many celebrity racers would un-retire, creating a spectacle that DORNA could only dream of...

Oh, wait, that has already been done. My bad.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shit. I actually liked watching the Harleys. Mainly because guys like Tuna, AA and Fat Robbie were running them. But still.

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'm curious where that image came from. Conventional winglet on one side and ducted design on the other wouldn't make sense for testing. JL hasn't ridden the bike since the Valencia test so I don't think it is real. Given Ducati's wait until the last moment to debut the winglets in Qatar, I doubt we'll see the fairing until just before the flag drops on the first race.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Decoy, to throw the rest off..Ducati was first with winglets after all.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

GSmann and 418 like this.