1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bridgestones?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryguy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Now how do you expect me to go racing without all the luxury of home? Are you implying that I should sleep in a cargo trailer or tent or some shit? :D

(I have a small open trailer that Ed gave me, I suppose I could hook it up to the Jeep... standby, lemme check mapquest.)

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

About 700 miles. I'm not seeing this one happening.

3. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I've been under the impression that the 190 rear tire from dunlop that I've been riding on for the past year were made specifically for a 5.5 inch rim. Maybe I am mistaken. I liked the tire regardless and wanted to see if bstone was offering a similar setup. I know u can wedge a 190 onto a 5.5 inch rim even though that wasn't the original intent. Hope that clears this up.

4. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Any word from those who tested them last weekend?

5. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

You're correct - Dunlop doesn't make a 180 anymore - only 190s (for 5.5") and 200s (for 6.0"+). That's the NTec DOTs. The slicks only come in 195/65 and work well on both wheel sizes. The D211GPA only comes in a 190/55, and is probably designed for a 5.5" wheel. Not sure what size the KR449 is.

6. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

I did in Vegas. I have a little write up to post when I get home tonite.:up:

7. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

:clap:

8. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

:Pop:

9. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

someone had mentioned you had big conundrums but I didnt believe it:p

10. Where's Tim ?

Where's Tim ? Well-Known Member

PHP:
    I did in Vegas. I have a little write up to post when I get home tonite.
    So ?????What say you ?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  11. P 51 Jockey

Sorry boys...had to finish my taxes:up: So, I got a pair of the new R10's and ran them at Vegas. The front tire is available as a medium only and they don't have any intentions of offering anything else right now. However, it has excellent grip and handles extreme braking quite well. Feel and feedback is almost the same as their previous tire, but grip is substantially higher.

Rear tires are available in medium and hard compounds. The carcasses feel about the same, so it seems like the rubber is the only difference between the two. The carcass is in between a Pirelli and a Dunlop. As Vegas is tough on rears, we went with the hard. I was very surprised with the level of grip! As I got more comfortable with the tires, I found myself getting as aggressive as I was on my Dunlop Ntecs. I was rewarded with a lofted front wheel out of turns and no spinning of the rear tire. They also tolerate crazy lean angle. I was very suprised. The days of Bridgestone tires lacking edge grip are over. As for wear, the attached pictures are from my tires I used on a 2011 ZX10 for 4 sprint races. I won two of those.:up: The degreed sipes really seem to help reduce wear. Judge for yourselves.

I ran the same lap times as I did on Ntecs. Try a set, you won't be dissapointed.

Attached Files:

12. Where's Tim ?

Where's Tim ? Well-Known Member

Thanks , sounds good . Way to go on those wins !

13. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

Noice.. interesting tire..

14. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the write up. Rumor has it Shawn Higbee recently went faster on these at infineon than on the NTECs. Not sure about the rest of the details, or the validity of that as it was passed through the grapevine. I should be trying these out in about a month when we get them in and can judge for myself.

15. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

What is the profile they went with for the front tire?

16. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Wow, the front looks basically new. I guess having it in the air helps longevity :up:

Interested to read how they work on a 600.

17. P 51 Jockey

I don't know which profile I was given. My dealer knows what I need and he said, "Here, try these".

These should be insane on a 600. I don't know about lap times, but yes, Higbee tested them and liked them a lot. He also rode them at Big Willow as did Curtis Adams on a 1000. After sorting tire pressures, both riders basically said, "Nothing wrong with that tire".:up:

18. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

The medium, or type 3, should be a V profile front.

19. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

can't wait to try them. 100% of the speed at about 70% of the ntec price sounds good to me.

20. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I'm still hesitant - they said that with the Power Ones when they came out. If true though, I'd be very happy.

Any setup changes between NTecs and the R10s?