1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bodywork Pimp in Town for GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by blueduc37, Oct 5, 2006.

1. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Well, not really new, just REnewing my shot at the bodywork biz after all the disgruntledness I witnessed this year: south of the border workmanship, 6-8 week delivery time, heavy brittle construction etc. I hope to convert my jack-of-all-things-fiberglass business of 11 years into a bodywork factory over the next few months. Contingency and sponsorship WILL be in the future, but for now I gotta eat.

Here's the deal: I need molds and SOON to build parts for the winter build season and next race season, and I need parts to pull molds from. Standard deal is as follows: If you let me have your existing (non-busted) plastics to pull molds from you get your stuff back and 75% off on a set. If I get your plastics AND your bike you get a FREE set. I want the bike because one of the big complaints is fit and it is tough to check fit with nothing to fit to!
    I will need to have your plastics and/or bike for 2 weeks, and it will come back unscathed, I promise.

I live in Gainesville, FL. Pickup/delivery will have to be worked out.

I'd like to make the cool old obscure stuff, but I need to focus on modern in-demand stuff first; i.e. 06-07 600-750-1000.

Quality: I have built some pieces over the last 3-4 years and fixed LOTS of stuff and concluded that the way to go is a lamination schedule that is close to the E-glass Sharkskinz in weight, flexibility and strength. I can get 90% of their strength without using the way expensive and hard to work Kevlar. The result is actually a bit lighter and lots less $$$. Looking at around $400 per set plus shipping for an upper, lower, tail and fender. The Hondas with the tank cover will be more and some of the more funky sets (06 R6 etc) might be a few more $ but not too much.

ANYWAY, I will be at the GNF, call me at 352-213-3585 or find me at the Weapons Of Worship endurance pit or Friday, or write your name on the bathroom wall or whatever.

Talk to Rod or Brad at MSP concerning my workmanship (they use my Ducati tails) or anybody else I have built stuff for. Kris Wall and Ross Ryals (if he ever shows his face).

I will do repairs also, possibly at the GNF.

Thank you for your support!

2. blueduc37

Call rather than email or PM as my computer is having some emotional problems these days...

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i'll get with you at the gnf about full sets of SV bodywork. see you there.

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Can't wait to see you Wayne.Been thinking of you as of late,my most sincere condolences.

(Gettin out the Sharpie- for a good time call 352-213....... har har):p

5. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

:confused: who died? ???

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Were you with Godfather at some point?

7. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

You make it, and I'll pain it!!!

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Wayne repaired some bodytwork for me that looks great, even though when I handed him my tail section it was in multiple small pieces.

9. yamaha nick

yamaha nick THE DUDE DOES NOT ABIDE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he was not with godfather! Wayne is my friend and I take offense to that.:Poke:

Wayne makes some good stuff. You wont be disappointed with his work.:up:

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

:stupid:

Wayne's a great guy in my book. :up:

11. blueduc37

You have a book???

BTW, I called Godfather to see if I could pick up some molds cheap but got no answer or response.

ALSO: A prize to someone who thinks up a good name for my new line of race plastics!

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

lol, I wasn't knocking the man, I was asking because Godfather was out of FL then went to Mexico then back to FL. That's all

Wow, it's like Godfather is a curse word or something :D

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

fastglass
    blueballs glass
    tigersharkskinz

14. HONEY

HONEY It puts the tires on the rims...

Orange peels

15. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

NMM Bodywork.....Not Made in Mexico Bodywork

16. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

El Diablo Racing :D
    MotoGlass
    Fast Fairings

BTW, Wayne makes some good glass and other composite stuff.

17. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Abra-cadabra baby!

18. twinn-burner

twinn-burner Well-Known Member

Name= Podium Plastics

19. todd hennessy

todd hennessy Racing bikes again

"Best bodywork"

20. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Performance Works Plastics