New Bodywork Just Arrived!

Discussion in 'General' started by mikendzel, Sep 27, 2011.

1. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT SPAM! I was not asked to post this! I thought Drew did a great job, and he added some stuff that you don't normally see on a race bike; so I'm posting to show it off. :eek:

My father-in-law-to-be (getting married on Saturday) showed some interest in racing and getting his company on the bike for some advertisements. I needed new bodywork anyway, so I told him I would buy the bodywork, and he could have it painted for his business. (My paint jobs are < terrible) He owns a few Servpro franchises that do emergency clean up and restoration after fires, flooding, mold, etc.. I saw Drew Swenson here on the forums, so I contacted him about doing, this, and this is what he did. It looks awesome in person!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just for good measure!

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool!

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

last pic looks the best :D

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Those are aftermarket headlights!! Is that clubman legal? ;)

5. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Edmond, I'm pretty sure those headlights are stock ;)

6. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

well then, I only have one thing to say...

[​IMG]

:D

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

You better drop that bike in the pits before the maiden voyage! Nice work Drew!

9. MrOneNut

MrOneNut Well-Known Member

Headlights are modified, I think. I need to give them a good tech inspect to be sure! How about "I'm on a Boat" with her... WINNING

10. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

thats a lot of sand, which worries me

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

great colors. got any shots of it mounted?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm assuming there is plenty of water nearby...

13. ton

ton Arf!

you're not actually going to race that thing next year, are ya Mikey? :beer:

14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Very nice!

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

SPAM!!!! :D

Anyways, nice paint! :up:

16. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Who knows man?! I had enough time to make it to 1 whole round this year. Next year will be even worse, but I'm trying to plan ahead a little better. The bike is done at least, so I don't have any money to spend and I won't miss any weekends because my bike isn't running properly! The only thing I need to do is lose some weight; I gained 20 lbs over the last year (I have no idea how) and my bike was dragging bodywork in the turns. :eek:

I can't wait to get the bodywork mounted on the bike! It looks awesome sitting in my office on the floor! :)

17. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

Very nice:up:

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

1st pic or 4th pic?

:D

19. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

That paint is way too nice for the track! Now the 4th pic is perfect for the track! :)

20. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

That's an awesome paint job, good work. I asked my company if they wanted to sponsor me and spring for a paint job, I think they were still laughing when I left...