1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need New Boots - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by I'm with Stupid, Mar 17, 2003.

1. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

What size boots do you wear?

I have a barely used, never crashed, never worn in the rain, set of the Daytona boots with kick-a$$ crash protection.
    If you are a size 9.5 I might be able to get near your budget.

Boots are all black, perfect shape. Retail is somewhere over $500 but worth it if you want to save your feet in a crash. If you look closely at any pics of Nicky Hayden from last year, he is wearing them but they have "Joe Rocket" stitched over the "Daytona". Not that you should buy them because Nicky wears them but I found it interesting that Nicky thought enough of them he wears them in a "private label" fashion.

I'm going Motard racing and don't need the boots anymore.

Secondly, I've had great succes with the Sidi Vertabra Race boots and my new MX/ Motard boots are Sidi and have lots of ankle protection built in.

FWIW

2. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Re: Re: Need New Boots - recommendations?

Would these be the "Winner" or the "Security" model? I might be interested if the others don't take dibs...

3. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

Re: Re: Re: Need New Boots - recommendations?

I'm attaching a pic I just took of the boots. Size 44 or pretty much a US 9.5. I opened one of them up so you can see the insides.

They are the Security II model. They have all the carbon supports, hinges and such. I think the Winners are lesser $ model. Helimot has the boots listed for $749

I've worn them maybe 4 times at the most. Never crashed or rode with them in the rain.

Attached Files: