Need Help Identifying F2 Aftermarket Parts

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JNSRacing, Jun 15, 2012.

1. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

I have a few parts that I will likely be picking up from a member of another forum - he's doing a very kind thing, by giving me a very nice price that my over budget-under funded-poor-broke self might be able to manage soon!!
    Anyway, I'm the kinda guy who wants to know exactly what parts are on my bike - one of the items is a 4 into 1 race header, that will likely be an improvement over stock, for sure, but still, I am curious as to what type the header is, since in the days the F2s were "killing it" at the track, I rode Yamahas, and was not familiar with the F2s. The header is not a Yoshimura, Danny at Yosh R&D answered that for me.
    I'm anxious to get it picked up, but would really like to know what it is first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second item is a Fox shock, which I believe proceeded the Twin Clicker for the F2 - I am curious which model of Fox shock this is.

[​IMG]

I know the pics aren't the highest resolution, but do your best, gentlemen!

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

pipe is a D&D from the looks of it. may have a different canister on it. Its a 4 into 2 into 1.
    Hard to tell if its an F2 or F3 pipe. the header will come out more on and F2 than an F3. But a good one no less. Shock is a Fox early for an F2 by the looks of the spring on it. Its will work good. Good luck and have fun. Hope this helps.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    2nd Sucks Racing

3. JNSRacing

Thanks for that VFR#52, I appreciate it...and yes, the can is different - it's a Yoshimura RS-3, which is quite fortuitous, because the can I will be using is an RS-3 Carbon Fiber oval, so, I'll be able to bolt and go!

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Looks more like a Two Bros.

I have 2 of those systems and that looks exactly like both of mine.

5. JNSRacing

Two Bros, huh? Works for me...are yours stainless, or mild steel? I won't know on these, until I get 'em and polish 'em up.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

mild steel I believe,but mine look exactly like that one does

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

well heres a info tip for you. most everyone copied D&D pipes! LOL The Two brothers i had was different in the mid section. may be a later model as they where always making better new ones. I know Vance and Hines was a direct copy of D&Ds pipe. But non the less you have a good one to use. mild steel or stainless just depends on how much the cost when they where purchased. The first two brother pipe was a copy of the HRC pipe with there logo on it. Its worked too! Good luck and have fun.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    2nd Sucks Racing

8. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I agree it does look like the 2 brothers. It may also be a fast by fericci. I know I spelled it wrong. It does look kinda like the one on my bike. Good luck.