1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navy Seal Vs Swat Team

Discussion in 'General' started by sptbk57, Jul 4, 2013.

1. sptbk57

sptbk57 Well-Known Member

First off i dont know anyone who was either of these profession's. But Tv shows both to be the best of thier occupation. Who would you think could out do the other in any type of situation.. Do you think swat would have no chance. Say if navy seal played the bad guys. Or If navy seal played the goods guys. Its team against team.. But each team will use the same equal of men. But my guess. Navy seal could have 5 guys. And still take control in any situation. But have always wonder if anyone ever knew or did either one of these occuptions? Please dont be rude or let this Question get out of line.
    Because you Know.. Mongo or one of the Mods will lock it down. ...:confused:
    I will be back in a few days. I love to see who responds and how they defend the one who they think is the better team.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like a motogp rider versus a DMG pro.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

SWAT teams try to negotiate things to a peaceful ending before taking action.

Seals don't fuck around.

backcountryme and Steady T like this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If every bad guy in the room is dead, it's pretty peaceful.:D

rcarson15 and Steady T like this.
  5. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

No, negotiators try to negotiate, SWAT doesn't fuck around.

I've seen shit hot SWAT teams and I've seen a bunch of bubbas try to be shit hot. It depends on the SWAT team...

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm going by the truck that whipped by my apartment in Daytona last March that was responding to Heather Beaver shooting up a motel 3 blocks north of me. It said "SWAT" and "Hostage Negotiations" on the side of it. This tells me they work together and I would guess that takes away the element of surprise that the Seals might enjoy.

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I think Superman can kick Green Lantern's ass...but that's just me.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A one legged zombie with dentures could kick green lantern's ass.

dtalbott likes this.
  9. TLF

TLF New Member

A Special Forces ODA (A Team) would hand both their ass... A SWAT Team couldn't stand up to either a Special Forces A Team, or a SEAL Team actually. It is really not a fair comparison, as Military Special Operations units have more funding, train more, have seen more real world action, and are much more discriminating in the selection process.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

SWAT is a retirement home for a SEAL.

The_R1_Kid likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Let's see here, guys that deal with hood rats and dope dealers most of the time -vs- dudes that HALO into water (sometimes), swim to shore, then run fifty miles in places where everyone hates Americas to kill people with their thumbs all the while eating shitting MREs.

Yeah, SWAT totally, have you ever tried taking on a meth addict?

ToofPic and Pudge like this.
  12. streetrocket22

streetrocket22 Well-Known Member

:stupid: This, and then some. TV shows will make it out to be a close race, I don't care who/where the SWAT team is/was/will be/ located/comprised of etc. The best of them couldn't touch an ODA, SEAL team, or MARSOC team. Not saying they aren't masters of their craft, just that they aren't the masters of the craft. Just my $.02 :D

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Every Navy SEAL is the same. Every SWAT team is different.

The requirement for SWAT qualification in a PD is "We need to staff our SWAT team".

14. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

How specifically are you trying to compare the two? Do you want to know who is better at kicking in doors? Hostage scenarios? Hiking miles through muck for a week then conducting a strike?

It is tough to say who is better without knowing the specifics, but if you're asking overall who is better, then a SEAL team by miles.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The specifics are that the SWAT team will look like the wannabe dorks they are in EVERY situation.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

But which is which?

:D

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

pretty much!

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The seals would take the swat team out before they even got to their van.

kjohnson likes this.
  19. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Nuh-uh! MY dad would beat up YOUR dad!

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Zimmerman would beat up both of your dads!