NASCAR to have a road race in Charlotte . . .

Discussion in 'General' started by BSA43, May 23, 2017.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Announced today: NASCRAP is going to use the road course at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2018.

For a 500 mile Cup race.

Thoughts, comments, snarky remarks? :D

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What will they do when they encounter a right hand bend?!?!? :scared:

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Throw the rear out to the left and steer left through the corner?

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Was just having a conversation with my neighbor, who is a huge NASCAR fan, about how the series is dwindling. I just commented that 3 hours is a long ass time to keep an audience's attention. They need to do something.

Mran556 likes this.
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Will there be wooden chicanes again?

Shenanigans and banzai132 like this.
  6. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

Ever one knows that cant sit for 4 hrs to watch a race thats goimg in circles

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Love it. I'm not a NASCAR fan by any means. However, I make it a point to watch The Glenn and Sears Point. Also the Busch cup or whatever they call it, is at Road America on Saturday the same weekend. These road races are actually pretty good. A 500 mile at Charlotte would be awesome.

Razr, 5axis and condon66 like this.
  8. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

from jayski.com

Additional notes:
    • The spring Richmond race return to night at fans' request, says the track.
    • Daytona International Speedway states that Daytona 500 qualifying will be held before the Clash.
    • Charlotte Motor Speedway says the fall road course race will be 130 laps, 500k.
    • NASCAR says the Indianapolis race will be on the oval, not the road course

9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Its a cool road course, nascrap needs more road courses

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess for me, being on these tracks on a motorcycle and knowing the track then seeing the cars go two wide thru certain areas is pretty exciting. I hate NASCAR to the core but they are some world class drivers.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Question is will it be safe for bikes like Nashville? I saw the layout and with a couple of chicanes added it could be... I would give it a try for sure...

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Who's gonna be the first to say how easy Nascar driving is?

Just curious.

It's coming.

13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That's the appeal of NASCAR. Everybody just knows they could compete because "I know how to drive."

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I will say it. Driving a Nascar car is easy

(if you are Kyle Busch or Kyle Larson or..........)

panthercity likes this.
  15. dtalbott

And you find out your race line to be competitive is two inches from the outside wall every lap.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I was there to witness that mess.

17. zertrider

The Larson line. Kid is awesome up near the wall. Just found out he is coming with the World of Outlaws to the dirt track in Ohsweken up here. Going to have to go to that race.

18. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

my God a 500 mile NASCAR roadrace at charlotte. They will Fill the stands with 500 crewmembers

5axis likes this.
  19. dtalbott

I grew up with the Burton brothers. Was in the same grade as the middle brother. Went to the go-kart track with them when they practiced.

20. zertrider

So did you understand anything that Ward ever said? Or mumbled. Without moving his mouth

Sabre699 likes this.