1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my old man bike

Discussion in 'General' started by LordMDP, Oct 3, 2012.

1. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

just installed my Ram Cup holder :eek:
    now it's complete :D

I love this KLR ---its like the swiss army knife of motorcycles

not a great bike but can do everything and its comfortable

i'm about to make a bicycle rail for it right now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. caferace

caferace No.

That backrest looks a wee bit uncomfortable.

-jim

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Can ya make the pics a wee bit bigger so we can see the individual mud splatters?

4. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Love the look and the functionality of them, although that thin front tire bothers me a bit. Got to sit on a friend's but he sold it before I could ride it. When I retire to the mountains (won't be long now) I'm a gettin' one! Maybe to run shine with. :crackup: (Note to self, you're old, cuz runnin' weed is the thing now.)

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

KLRs and V-Stroms seem to be very popular in the Smokys among the non-Dragon-record-holders.

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I like the rear aero work you've done. That's thinking outside the box.

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

A buddy rode one out west with us this year. He was outsized so he'd keep the throttle pinned for an hour at a time sometimes. It never missed a beat. Impressive. Not great at anything but capable of nearly everything.

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I have the same GPS on my Strom , great unit. These bikes (KLRs, Stroms, etc) will make you fall in love with them the first time you leave your house on one, ride to a destination, camp, ride the destination (gravel/pavement/mud whatever) , then ride home.

9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

That's not just outside the box, that's outside the building.

10. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

After riding a V-Strom (more than once now) with the Top Shelf Motorcycle Tour guys in Northern California, I made the statement "if God said I could only have ONE motorcycle -- it would be a 1000 V-Strom." This from a dyed-in-the-wool Honda guy who has everything from a Mini Trail to RC30's and an RC45.

The best motorcycle I have ever OWNED is a '98 VFR800fi. My "old man bike" is pictured in my avatar -- the FrankenWing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My old man bike is a '85 FJ1100. Bought it new, they were having a "dollar a cc sale!". Air cooled, solid as a rock, easy to maintain. It was the sportbike to have in its day, it's my touring bike now :). Doesn't do dirt to good. :p

12. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I wouldn't mind picking up an old KLR, the ugly square headlight jobbies. They are almost mechanically identical to the new ones but half the price lol.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agreed til I got the Multi - however if you want better off-road the Strom will probably be a better choice, more of a street bias on the riding (and just a minor bit more) and the Multi is the winner. Holy shit is it amazing compared to my Strom.