1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new reason to win the lottery...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, May 13, 2023.

1. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Easy. Just buy two of them and wreck one and keep the other in a glass case.

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Nah.

Current MX5/Miatas are still in the 2300s.

3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Man... While I'm not sure if its because I'm older and "wiser" now, or maybe I'm just a little more lazy.. However, 10 years ago I would have definitely agreed with you on buying crashed supercars and putting elbow grease into them if I had fuck you money. Now though... No fucking way.. the last thing I want to do anymore is work on cars/bikes I ONLY want to drive/ride them on race tracks. If I fell into a jackpot I'd be buying all sorts of shit and beating the living snot out of it. When it has issues, it goes to someone that is NOT me for repair. lol

When I switched from cars to bikes in 2019 I was in love with how easy these things are to work on in comparison. However, even now after having a bunch of really stupid annoying issues this year, I'm really considering having a shop build my next race bike if I continue with this sport. I'm done buying used shit, and I'm tired of working on my bike at the race track because my job/personal life eats up a lot of garage time now. lol

Wingnut likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

I think I'd rather have a Singer 911 over that Cobra thing... But.. I don't like cars that have their roof missing. My wife bought a Miata a few years ago and I wouldn't work on it until she first bought a hardtop. lol
    singer-turbo-above.jpg singer-turbo-porsche-911-back-left-quarter-panel.jpg singer-turbo-porsche-911-front-seats.jpg

cpettit likes this.
  6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Dude. Talking my language. Had a guy I know comment this exact thing last week about me. I had stopped by his shop with my 69 Camaro while trying to tune in the Holley Sniper fuel injection I just installed just to say Hi. When I left I hammered on it pretty good and banged through the gears. Few days later I was at another friends place and he tells me that the other guy commented to him about how it I don't baby my car. Told him nope, I drive it for fun, and if it's not putting a smile on my face, and I have to worry about breaking something, then I better find something else. Because dropping the clutch and smoking tires is fun. Stone chips be damned.

Wingnut, 969, MikeR and 3 others like this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That thing is so beautiful. Hard to imagine it being what it really is, a 2+2 coupe made for the task of being driven like it was stolen.
    Send it!

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

well working on them is what I do for a living… so my end game goal is to buy wrecked super cars, work on them in my garage, drive them for a while while fixing the next one and slang em off online. There’s hella money in it because I won’t have the overhead of a shop and employees and have the skills do literally all of it myself. Of course this is all assuming the economy stays afloat and there are people to actually buy them haha

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You follow Tavarish?

(On a separate subject, your presence is requested in the investment thread to defend your boy Jim Cramer. :D )

stk0308, R1M370 and Yzasserina like this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't understand these.

You could buy a used one and have it restored how you want it for a third of the price?

11. Trainwreck

BRO WE WON THE LOTTERY IN THIS SCENERIO! lol I can have Singer paint a bunch of B00bies all over the car if I wanted. THE WORLD IS MINE IMMM RIIIIICHHHH

418 likes this.
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That man is a case study in "great idea for content, questionable real life outcome". I'm entertained, mostly, by him. But, I don't want to throw money down bottomless holes like him.

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Give me the original any day.