1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1990 FZR400 is officially for sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Metalhead, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And I'm posting it here first because I want a WERA person to have it. It's my baby. I've had it 6 years now. It's bone stock, clean title, matching numbers, and in great shape. Street/trackday/race....it's ready. I need the money for racing this year. I'm willing to part with it because I want to go racing more than staring at a bike. I will say this.....I will NOT sell it to just anyone. I want the new owner to actually have a desire for this old classic. I don't want someone to chop it up or neglect it. I want to be ASSURED that it will be given a good home.

I'll take what I can get ABOVE 2K, and you'll have to tell me what your plans are with it. None of that is negotiable. I'm not going to ship it. Local pick up, or I can meet you within a reasonable distance.

Here's what it had already done to it when I bought it 6 years ago:
    R6 blue dot calipers and master, braided lines
    FZR600 radiator
    520 chain conversion
    Woodcraft rearsets
    Beasley body with Dzus fasteners
    NRC case covers
    Daytona digital temp gauge
    Emulators in the forks (I don't even know what emulators are or do, but they're in there. lol.)

What I did to it:
    Fully safety wired
    stick type steering damper
    New brake pads and fluid
    I glassed in a belly pan
    Upgraded VR
    Newerish battery (1 1/2 years old)

The bad:
    Nothing much really. Just your regular nicks and dings. I did dump it at RA and had to do a NON expert body repair to the upper and middle. Really, the body work could use a good sanding and repaint, but it looks good from twenty feet. lol.

The good:
    It's stock. Stock engine, shock (yeah really), forks, exhaust, carbs, etc.
    You don't find many stock 90's anymore. In fact, that's what makes it kind of rare. I've kept this bike clean in a garage, kept up with all the fluid changes, and have treated it very well.

Extras:
    Extra 18" rear wheel with bearings and rotor
    A box of misc sprockets, cables, etc.
    2 sets of already raced tires that have PLENTY of life left for street riding
    A complete set of duplicate carbs

Oh, and this bike is a chick magnet. Seriously, I get attacked everywhere I go on it. It's to the point now if I take it out on a street ride, I don't even slow down for red lights. Can't take a chance on sitting there and have wimmin dive out of their cars on me. So, if you're a dork, nerd, dweeb, bone dead ugly effer, or even someone of an alternative lifestyle, chicks will dig you on this bike.

I hate it, but it's got to go. Remember....I won't sell it to just anyone. I'm going to have to be convinced it will go to someone who REALLY wants, and has always wanted this bike.

So 2k+ and a promise to take care of it. This bike has a history now. It was mine.

IMG_20150517_163456.jpg IMG_20150331_184444.jpg IMG_20150331_184618.jpg

StaccatoFan and VFR#52 like this.
  2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I got some more pics. Those are two years old. I'll be back.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Current.... IMAG0504_1.jpg IMAG0503_1.jpg IMAG0507_1.jpg IMAG0505_1.jpg

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hhmmmmph!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

hell just froze

Killswitch likes this.
  6. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

sorry if I missed the location of this machine? I had and raced a 90 hard to find one...

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's the only way I'm racing this year. Gotta be done. Still ain't had the truck fixed yet. Lol. Racing's more important.

Killswitch likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Killed me to sell my '89. I feel for ya man.

9. Dammit, I want this thing and I want to leave it just as it sits (ok maybe re-spring and a shock) and go rip around in the canyons on it. Its so friggen cool.

You should make it so that you have the first option to buy it back if the next owner ends up needing/wanting to sell it.

10. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

OMG, I think I'm finally cured of 400 disease... as sweet as your bike is, I don't want it. This is huge for me.

It is a super nice example, it deserves a good home.

Photo likes this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sold. Phil's taking it.

12. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Damn
    You teased me with it, took it away, I bought another that is stone stock, THEN you put it up for sale....
    I woke up in the middle of the night and said out loud Fuck it, I want it. I could pick it up on the way to Daytona. I'll get in touch in the morning
    Whoever Phil is he nickname is now Fast Phil. Or early bird Phil. Who buys a bike at 6:00am?
    If he changes his mind today I'll take it
    703-966-7731

13. grady anderson

:Poke:
    And you young man.....you have my phone number :(

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

dude shoots dick bullets at 6 am and then flies to mexico to get killed by the flu, comes back and buys an FZR.
    that dude.

Funkm05 and Stumpy like this.
  15. grady anderson

Well good on ya then
    :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

always wanted one, was thinking about starting racing on one, ended up getting the sv, sv now sold, ready for the next one. she won't see the track any more though...

Metalhead likes this.
  17. grady anderson

I took a quick ride on mine last week in the warm weather. No idea why you would not let it see the track.
    But....Let me know when you have to sell it because you lost your license. Keeping it between 10-14,000 RPM is why that bike exists.
    Like keeping a Thoroughbred horse in the pony ride ring at the carnival.
    FZR1.JPG
    That said, I am already getting advice against making this a racebike.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

in terms of keeping the license - ask someone that loses it on a regular basis in 1st gear :D and the panigale is happy in about every rev range ;)

having ridden a 125cc 2-stroke as a youngster, i know what you mean though.

we will see where she ends up. i am excited for net having to put the pani back in street trim for mountain rides ...

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

might have to have a gathering this summer

Phl218 likes this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

What? I tried calling and texting with no responses......assumed you headed to daytona already. You have a better one with way lower milage anyways:beer: