Music business

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Oct 18, 2022.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, you have to grow up poor and rural or you are not allowed to make country music? Whatever, you do you. I am just happy a good bit of country music is still hiring decent musicians instead of having everything played by a computer and the vocals sung by someone that can't hit a pitch.

Once a Wanker.. and Blammo like this.
  2. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

W
    Would you mind sharing what aspect of the business?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How many showed up to see Dean?

[​IMG]

britx303, TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

That Billie Elish chick is manufactured AF. And yall had a whole thread on here about how great and original she is.

Steeltoe and pickled egg like this.
  5. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Bluegrass is where it's at. Not many folks making a killing but they sure have fun playing that shit. I still think it's music at nearly an unadulterated form.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We’ve been listening to a lot of George Strait the last week in memory of my Neenee. She was my injun grandma-in-law, and George was her absolute favorite. She passed away last week, and she was cremated with her favorite GS blanket. I will miss her more than just about any of my blood kin:(………..ok enough of that, George puts on a HELL of a concert. We took her as many times as we could years ago. I ain’t all punk & metal………..sometimes :D

Steeltoe and SirCrashAlot like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think that was more one guy that has a crush on her. :D

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I do like a little bluegrass time to time. My Dads mother who’s family is the ones from yer neck Of the woods played banjo and harmonica bluegrass style and taught it to my Dad. Then he taught me guitar and tried teaching me banjo, but I was always more interested in wailing away on drums:D

9. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Banjo takes some learnin :rock:

MikeR, Once a Wanker.. and Blammo like this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

How many showed up to hear Dean's song? Because he wrote some of George's biggest hits, without George.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't really listen to it besides Allison Kraus occasionally and Allen Jackson's bluegrass album. I can appreciate it for sure. Can't really fake it. I used to be into Nickel Creek for a spell.

I have noticed it's becoming crazy popular with the current "hippie" crowd. Massive in the festival circuit. Got so sick of people talking about Billy Strings I had to look him up to at least know who he is. Dude is no joke.

Should also add I've done production on Merlefest a half dozen times way back.

MikeR and SirCrashAlot like this.
  12. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

People with pre conceived opinions.

So I guess you build your own motor,weld up your exhaust, make your own body work,sew up your own leathers ect.

Part of being a good musician, is being a good manager.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

All those singers sing through their noses and it irritates the shit out of me. Screw country.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

socalrider likes this.
  15. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Dwight Yoakam I take it

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I realized this whole thread has parallels to factory teams vs privateers.

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Find you some Steeldrivers from back before Nashville 'discovered' Chris Stapleton.

As for country music, it is still out there, Justin Townes Earle... Blackberry Smoke... a couple of others, but they aren't getting rich from it. The crap that is making people rich ain't country.

stk0308 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Dwight sounds like 3 people singing at once, and they're all off tune.

Hondo likes this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Kinda like how geddy lee sounds like 3 people singing out of their nose at once, all out of tune?

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Geddy sang from the head. Not a huge fan of his voice, but at least he didn't sound like those twangy cunts.

Razr likes this.