1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello Race-Travel from Florence info

Discussion in 'General' started by TwiztidR6, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

So I'm all lined up with tickets to the race and in the Poggio Secco grandstand for Sunday. My question is what is the best way to get there? I'll be staying in Florence and from what I've read it looks like taking a train to Borgo San Lorenzo and then there are shuttle buses from there.

Anyone who's been or has input on the best way to get there from Florence let me know. Thanks.

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I hate you.

3. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I'm jealous that you're going there, I was there last year but I couldn't make this year happen. Either way in my experience, I know you can take a bus to the track or take the train to BSL then take a shuttle to the track. I prefer the bus but get there early because there will be a line waiting to board the bus.

Either way it'll be busy leaving the track, don't be afraid of possibly walking back to BSL after the race Sunday to catch the train back to Florence.

4. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

I'm going too.. except I have weekend passes to Poggio Secco. :D

Sorry you won't be able to make it John.

5. orientexpress11

No worries I'll be somewhere else just as awesome :D.

6. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

Hah very nice. :up: I'm sure if you were there it would just be a "been there done that" feeling anyway. :crackup:

7. orientexpress11

No I think this year will be mayhem with Rossi and Ducati so it won't be too boring :up:.

8. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

Yep.. exactly why I'm going to the Ducati factory/museum on the Thursday before the race weekend so I can pick up some Ducati gear and look like I fit in with the other rossi nut swingers. :D

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Bring an assload of sunscreen. Poggio Secco gets quite hot during the day. It's also at the opposite end of the track from the gates, so plan a while to get back in there. Bring earplugs for the race but moreso for the kids that run the 2 stroke chainsaws without the bar or muffler 2 feet behind your ear on the way out. One the race is over they let you onto the track. Keep your wits about you becasue they let cars and bike and RVs and sht on there, too.

It's fucking mayhem but it is awesome.

10. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

what are your plans for getting there and where are you coming from?