1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mountain bike tire question

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Apr 1, 2020.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You have tubes in your dirt tack tire ?

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That was what has me a bit confused. At 60PSI there is a fuckton of pressure on the bead and it should not be slipping. I guarantee it is the correct size for the rim too. They are both 26". We are still old school.:D

The low pressure on race tires still messes with me a bit. I was away from roadracing for several years and almost shit myself the first time Mr. Hirsch told me that I needed to run 20-22PSI on the rear tire.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I had thought of that and the bead to rim gap did not seem excessive. I had checked that previously by comparing it to my bike which does not have this problem at all and they looked about the same.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Odd, I would try that glue I posted.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

Xr100. Yes.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Without a rim lock or screws ?

7. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm not sure I've ever used the rim lock on it. Definitely no screw. It's been a while but I can't ever remember fiddling with a rim lock on one. And thinking about it, most of the time they're already gone on the xrs I've gotten. Never chalked a tire to see how much it moves. My guess is the tire just slides around the rim. @Robby-Bobby probably knows more. I was a hack doing it for fun. But I do know hire to makes things really slippery.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's been a long time since I raced dirt bikes.
    Can't remember what pressure I ran, but I know in mud and sand it was pretty low.
    I removed my rim locks and installed screws.