1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Red Bull Ring | Austria | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

There were complaints from Stoner that the tires he had in practice were not the same tires he had on race day. There was also accusations that his settings were changed on race day as well.

In the world of overnight tires (which he never received) and the pecking order of Michelin, he was on the crap tires. Tin foil hatters claim is was so Stoner wouldn't outshine the HRC wonderboy Pedro.

2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Well who dropped the ball in 2011? :D

600 dbl are likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

Puig :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So how do you feel about Rabat?

IMO Redding has the talent. He just needs some guidance.

So now you're going to have two drama kings at Aprillia next year. I wonder which one is going to get the short end of the stick? It's been the Brits these past few years. I can't believe they thought they actually had a chance at landing Rea

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So how do you feel about Rabat?

IMO Redding has the talent. He just needs some guidance.

So now you're going to have two drama kings at Aprillia next year. I wonder which one is going to get the short end of the stick? It's been the Brits these past few years. I can't believe they thought they actually had a chance at landing Rea

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

rookie year on a 2nd tier pirvateer bike? yes. it didn't have the factory support at all. i was impressed, Ducati seemed to be as well.

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Tito Rabat is a Moto2 World Champion, and took that championship by laying waste to the entire field. He's also been regularly fighting for top-10's this year.

Compare Tito's championship winning year to Redding's best year in Moto2. How do you think I feel about Tito?

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

In a field of racers where the majority have won world championships, won MotoGP races, or scored many MotoGP podiums, having "runner up in the intermediate class" as the highlight on your decade long GP resume just doesn't cut it.

Sweatypants likes this.
  9. Dear George was mildly amusing at first, but now it's just mental masturbation - and you're watching. Eww.

10. ..and you watched the one where Marquez the Younger tossed his last chance at the championship into the gravel.

Despite the hopes of the older brother, I seriously doubt any MotoGP teams are looking at Marquez the Younger as a possible future contender right now.

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

AM73 seems to be going backwards this season. Usually has good grid spot, gets good start, and then slowly drops back each race.

Maybe big bro took all the allotted championships for the Marquez family

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To be fair to Redding he got a bit of bad luck in his last year in Moto2. He was leading the championship when he had a very rare crash (it might have been his first of the season, I'm not sure) and broke his wrist missing a race and in the following one Rabat fell off in front of him and he got taken out by Tito's bike. Having said that he has always come across as a bit dense and never really made the grade as his record of being the youngest ever GP winner might have suggested he would.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Too funny.

Speaking of DePuniet, Hodgeson said that Randy was offered the KTM fill in position and he turned it down? Apparently something about having nothing else left to prove.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Actually, it’s pretty close at this point, with Honda at 236 and Ducati at 208 or 6 wins to 5. If you look at the numbers a bit closer, just looking at Repsol Honda and Ducati, it’s 267 to 259 but most of Honda’s points come from MM. The Ducati has turned into a very capable weapon provided you can save the tire! I don’t like either rider but if the race yesterday had both riders on same equipment, I think Marc wins.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Weird.

16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Moto2 Kalex. A mass damper bolted on the swingarm IMG_20180814_074826.jpg

Sweatypants likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, he said on Sunday that he had accepted the test rider job (about 15 days of testing between now and the end of the year) but turned down the Silverstone race because he's not ready and there's no point doing that just to circulate around the racetrack.

418 likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

What is this for? How does it work?

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats a crap rim-tape job lol

MachineR1 likes this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast