1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 4 | Jerez | Spain | April 28-30

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 24, 2023.

1. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Its that fat spanish sponsor money.

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

He lost red bull as a personal sponsor this year and didn't pick up another energy drink.

3. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

MotoGP: Despite the Stewards an amazing weekend of racing from the top class riders. Pecco was on another level, passing Miller on his terms multiple times. Pedrosa with two great finishes and battling with Marini all weekend. Maybe my fave moment: Miller making fun of Tardozzi when watching the highlights!

Moto2: Where did Lowes come from? I mean, he pulls out a lap 0.5sec faster than anyone in qualifying, then just motors away in the race? He's having a ton of fun on his "farewell tour."

-T

rd400racer and Circacee like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oliveira has taken the baton from Dovizioso. There used to be a time when if anyone did something stupid, Dovi was in the vicinity and got taken out.

Jim Moore and Triple X like this.
  5. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

it had to be more fun than his last wildcard for KTM!

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it can be overstated how ridiculous what Pedrobot did Sunday was. Has anybody done a wildcard appearance that successfully, let alone after being off the grid full time for several years? He was within sight of the winner. That's just nuts.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well Troy Bayliss won a race in a wild card appearance so there’s that.

969, stk0308, Banditracer and 3 others like this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

After washing out of MotoGP the year prior. Though, he did have a WSB championship win that year. So that was keeping him race sharp.

Other noticeable wild card 500/MotoGP one off's were Norifumi Abe, and Noriyuki Haga. Though, Haga's WSB wildcards were even more impressive, and preceded the 500 wildcard performance.

9. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

To me, the huge difference is Pedrosa hasn't turned a wheel in anger since 2018. Look at what a year off did to Dovi for reference.

10. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

It would be cool to see Rossi do the "come back" success at a one off...and ignite another sea of yellow again.:clap:

One wonders why Pecco doesn't have this fan base? o_O Pedrosa seems to have more of a following than him.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

He seems to be an introvert. He's not flashy or extremely personable like some of the other guys.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I don't think Rossi will ever be back after those two flying motorcycles almost took his head off. After that he was entirely comfortable cruising around in 17th and waving at the fans. I don't blame him one bit.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Truth. He was somewhat washed up at that point, but still top ten, occasionally sniffing a podium. After that incident, he was on the fan parade retirement tour.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Didn't he finish 10th in his final race?

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

How about Josh Hayes? Didn't he get 7th in his one and only appearance in MGP? First time on the bike, tires, and track, and he was mid pack.

JBall likes this.
  16. Jack Brock

That was amazing, but it was a wet race with 12 finishers. P3 and QP were dry, and he was last(16th) in both. Josh was new to it all though, so I don't think there is any way to compare the two.

17. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

In this era of MotoGP, comes backs are gonna be rare but Dani just did it so I'm thinking maybe fast guys are always gonna be fast. At 37, I think his reflexes and depth perception are still good enough to win.

Rossi may have pushed past the desire and perception abilities.

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Agree you can't compare the two. Dani has been actively riding an MGP bike consistently since he retired. Dovi rode dirt bikes. Josh never rode one, and while conditions were mixed, he still outperformed a lot of regulars. Pretty sure the team was pleasantly surprised by his performance.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  19. Jack Brock

Agree 100%. Josh is a great rider and one of my favorites. I used to hate Dani, but he has grown on me and I am blown away by what he did this weekend.

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Curious why you hated Dani. Seems like a nice guy, quiet, but generally well liked. It was good to hear Miller and Binder mention his efforts in improving the RC16.

BigBird likes this.