1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 7 | Le Mans | France | May 13 - 15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 9, 2022.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I found out I run like 4psi higher off the warmers than the fast bois do in Cmra. might have to experiment with some lower pressures and see what happens

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

He crashed out of that race four corners from the end.

3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

he still had shifter issues at cota, crashed and then at the last round he retired with shifter issues again.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Am I the only one who can’t find gp q1 on video pass?

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I didn’t see q1 either for gp

6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Garett had some flashes for a short time but that’s about it. And we haven’t had any ringers coming over here to compare to, unless you you think Petrucci is one, but he haven’t set the world on fire since his incredible Mugello win.

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Any word on what was going on with Cam during Q2?

Also, it pains me to say it but SDK might want to lick his wounds and come back to the US. There's as much time between 1st (Acosta) and 11th (Chantra) as there is between SDK (30th) and Zaccone (29th). If this was a one time thing and there were any signs of it improving it'd be a different story. Last year Cam had his issues but he showed promise at times; SDK is seconds off the pace (and DFL) at every track he goes to.

Bring SDK back and send Gagne across the pond.

8. redtailracing

Garrett absolutely has the speed to be up front. There’s plenty of evidence of that and multiple non-American journalists all say the same thing. Podiums as a rookie seem to support that idea as well. He appears to have other issues going on (which I actually think I know what the problem is but I’ve never actually heard anyone else speculate the same thing so I’ll keep it to myself for now).

when cams equipment is working, he has proven to have podium pace; I’d argue close to as frequently as anyone else on that grid as it seems to change weekly. I’m with the others thinking he’d be up front more frequently on a different team.

in recent years, we’ve had 4 gp riders in our paddock, 2 of whom have gp wins under their belts and 1 of those has a world title. One of the remaining 2 went to the world superbike paddock the same year he was here and scored podiums on a fill in ride with a satellite team. Same rider didnt win a race on us soil. At worst our guys have had to compete with mid-tier world level guys and have consistently kept them in check. I’d say that’s strong enough. If they could compete with leading gp riders then well... they’d be in the gp paddock themselves. And I’d argue there’s no domestic series on the planet that could. Hell, gp dropouts have arguably fared better in wsbk than here.

418, motion and Dragginass like this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

To me there is no doubt GG has the speed to be competitive. Perhaps not beating Toprak or Johnny regularly, but in the mix. I think whatever happened behind closed doors last year put something in his head he hasn't been able to get past. When there is no consequence, he’s fast. Once qualifying or the race starts, he’s focused on what not to do, vice racing. The day he stops caring about what anyone at Yamaha thinks, he’ll start racing. My highly uninformed opinion…

Cam is showing signs of being competitive. Still some inconsistency, but further forward most of the time. He’ll get there. No clue what happened today though. Seemed bike related.

SDK is a mystery… If he was 16-25 but in that group consistently, I’d say thats fine for now. But he’s not even in the game. I hope something clicks soon. Send him back to States with a Moto2-like bike and a pile of tires. Figure it out. At least knock off 1.5-2 seconds.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    Suzuka_joe and motion like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The Euros know some of the Americans are FAF. They watch their boys over here struggling (except for Petrux). GG can definitely get it done, but something is wrong with his environment.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Very well said!

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

so will it or won't it rain :eek:

13. redtailracing

So I’m going to elaborate on what I alluded to earlier. Garett doesn’t know how to race. He knows how to ride fast around a track, but not race. Now this obviously isn’t any type of revelation but I think I know why he doesn’t know how to race. He never had to. I had the pleasure of watching him his last couple years in wera. I said then that kid may be the next American world champion. He was so much faster than everyone around him it was absurd. Next closest was Jake lewis but even he struggled to keep garret in sight. Then he goes to ama, breaks his femur and takes a little bit to get back on track. That’s the era of his career I remember the least about but as I recall, it was much of the same. Goes to superbike. Takes a year to get comfortable. Comes out in his 2nd season and is immediately faster than everyone else by a noticeable margin. And this is where I first started noticing it. Week after week he clearly has pace on everyone. Except he can’t figure out how to get around elias in a race, despite clearly having better pace. Meanwhile cam has no problem passing Toni so cam builds a nice points lead while Garrett flounders on the other end of the podium. Then Garrett figures out how to start better and actually retaliate against Tonis early moves. Then he goes on a rampage and looks unstoppable the rest of the season. No doubt would have won the championship if not for missing a weekend due to concussion.

now he’s in a grid full of Toni Elias’s. Took him half a season to figure out how to race one guy previously. I suspect he’s been so much faster than his competition for so much of his career, he never had to learn how to race. And unfortunately now he’s surrounded by guys with similar speed but much more experience fighting for position. And he simply can’t adapt.

rice r0cket likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You guys watching? OMG…

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

LETS GO CB!!

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, my feed died with 2 laps to go. And my app won't open. I hate this bullshit.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Man that was awesome. Cam is right there. And Joe is no joke either. What a fascinating sport this is…

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

20. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Damn Pecco.