1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 3 | Termas de Río Hondo | Argentina | April 1 - 3

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 28, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I know it's old, but I still love this pic

[​IMG]

Eastern Times

upload_2022-3-28_11-4-7.png

Steeltoe, sheepofblue and G 97 like this.
  2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Go Mir!

and Bestia, I dig that dude for some reason.

3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

This could/coulda been a Marquez return....

I didn't hear any news on his status.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

think they said later in the week they'll have a decision, otherwise it may be Bradl

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The next two races were (pretty much) his....

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

he could probably still win COTA seeing double

Circacee likes this.
  8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

the way those bumps were last year, I'm sure 1/2 the field was seeing double at the end of day 3.

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I got Rossi on the Repsol!!

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

The good thing is they haven’t received the rain this year like last year so if no rain and if the cooler temp weather remains the soil shouldn’t swell as much or at all. The bad thing is NASCAR just ran there so I’m sure they put some ripples in the braking zones and corners.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:This magnifies how crazy that was. Miller was like WTF. LOL too funny.

A54FED01-0BF2-4221-B1F3-A3FEB4B98756.jpeg

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

No MM93
    Screenshot_20220329-054950.png

13. 418

418 Expert #59

MM needs a new team of people around him. Almost 20 races in the season, the man takes himself out in round 2 trying to push a bike that's obviously not there right now. Is there an ounce of common sense on that team?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

He was always able to ride through a design problem, and now Honda FUBAR his career and the bike.

Interesting to see who would want a seat at Repsol not like they can do a test ride

stk0308, TurboBlew and NemesisR6 like this.
  15. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I'm sure if given the opportunity and a decent contract Mir and quarter pounder will jump at it and damn near everyone else. It's Honda....

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Michelin brought a tire that was completely different from what they all used at the test. It completely facked the Honda.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

pecco

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So...the bike goes from highly improved in Rd. 1 to deadly in Rd. 2?
    All the makes were having rear grip issues on off throttle sections of corners, many causing crashes. Marc just had his big event in turn 7 instead of 3/4, 13, or 16. I think the combo of that track and Michelin (and Marc's style, of course) were more at play that design fault at Honda. I suppose we will see.

cav115 likes this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I expect Quartararo and Mir up front. I think Aprilia will do well (and Vinales to make a step forward) and the youngsters on Ducati (Bastianini and Martin) to do well too.

1. Quartararo
    2. Mir or Rins (not sure which one yet)
    3. Martin

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

From what I remember, Marc had also told Honda to back the TC way down recently correct? Not that the Honda hasn't been an unrideable turd in recent years but Marc telling Honda to back off the TC and subsequently commencing astronaut tryouts doesn't exactly sound like a coincidence.

David Emmett also made a good point about the tire debacle. In response to Pol's ranting about it, he pointed out that the Mandalika test was as much for the tire manufacturer and Dorna as it was for the teams. Michelin made the necessary adjustments just like the teams would. And to his point, all the teams were starting from scratch in regards to setup with the tires. So it's not like anyone had an unfair advantage.

BigBird likes this.