MotoGP | 2022 | Race 18 | Phillip Island | Australia | Oct 16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Watching FP3 now. What a stunning display. When you cast your eye down the rankings and know all their names and how tiny tiny tiny the margins are, and what you imagine it takes to gain them, remarkable.

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wow...what a FP3...it was better than a qualifying session

henry_carlson and Yzasserina like this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

No joke! I need a nap. Waitaholdit. Moto2 up next. Ai needs to dial it in and rooting for Joe.

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  4. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I'm still not seeing Motogp FP3 on the Roku app.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Interesting to hear all involved say that the beast was chosen for factory over Martin bc of his three wins

6. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Never mind. Found it in the "Browse" section. I normally just use the spoiler free section.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

In what way? How else would you choose? Big time Martin fan.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

The interviews were weird, all of it seemed edited and rehearsed to have one PR approved message

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

They were. Tough choice. We’ll see.

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Qually. Ridiculous. Just absurd. :clap:

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Any one of a number of ways that riders are chosen (which isn't even "one" way). A few plausible key factors: outright speed; personality and team relations; ability to covey feedback for setup; money.

At this point the Ducati factory is managing the story of the selection exactly the way PR firms manage image everywhere. In this particular case, there are compelling reasons that have made the selection difficult -- the most obvious is that both riders are totally capable of winning races and both seem to gel with their teams.

Yzasserina and BigBird like this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Of course there is no one way. All the ways are good. Bonus points if you get that. Will be rooting for Martin and Marquez.

13. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Great save by MM!

JJJerry likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean just a few months ago people were saying Pecco was the wrong choice for the factory bike, but here we are 2 points away from the lead.

So you never know.

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Marquez looks fast but I gotta pick Pecco or Aleix for the win. Wouldn’t be bummed to see Martin get the W either. Hopefully Fabio can do well and keep the championship close. Zarco could be the darke horse if he gets a good start. Marquez will probably bin it or fade because of his arm.

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Mebbe Dorna needs to review fencing requirements for GP track certification. How high can a 'roo jump anyway? Or did one gets its hands on a pitpass?

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well that race flew by...

18. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Wow.....fourth lap into moto2, leader takes a long lap penalty.....and still leads the race.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Cam up to 5th.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Casey and Jorge hanging out being all friendly at the track. I clouded up. Mad respect for those two. Casey ringing the neck out of bikes that don't want to be ridden and Jorge like a damn metronome cranking perfect lap after lap after lap when he was on. Completely opposite riding styles. Only thing they had in common was a legion of haters :crackup: