1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Paging Maverick Vinales…

:D

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I was incorrect. The combined weight is the same for everything but the Duc.

Attached Files:

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

4. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

5. henry_carlson

6. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Agreed.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I think this is indicative of what kinda of relationship Petrucci has with MA.

BTW, this website is infuriating.

You click English and it takes you to the main page with no hint of the original article you were looking at in the first place.

kirk erlinger and henry_carlson like this.
  8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

what I meant was a determined hard # for all rider/bike combos. I’d think it’s easy enough to determine a weight min for a bike but how do you determine that for riders as well?

Ie., who’s to say how much/little a rider can weigh? And what if you have a fill in rider for a one-off round?

Just trying to understand not being argumentative.

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

You can go to tech and get weighed ahead of the race and qual to make sure you are within the weight limits. There are two weight minimums, one for just the bike and then one for the bike plus the rider which depends on the class and the bike.

pjzocc likes this.
  10. henry_carlson

I find it interesting that he has gone from: a wsbk factory ride next year, factory wildcard in wsbk this year, and a potential wildcard in gp..... to lets focus on motoamerica with your slow ass.

418 likes this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Don't click English. Open it with chrome and let google translate it.

418 likes this.
  12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

There are three weights. First is a hard minimum weight for the bike only that must always be reached by itself. There is also a soft maximum weight of the bike, which if met, passes weigh-in without further measurements. The third is the combined minimum (bike & rider with gear) that is used if the soft maximum is not met.

Strategy for a lighter rider is to add ballast to achieve soft maximum, for a heavier rider it is to get the bike as close to hard minimum and use combined weight.

Weight is checked after each Q and each race.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That happened when Valentin Debise replace Jules Cluzel at the Most world Supersport round. The team tossed the ballast off the bike, bringing it down to damn near the minimum weight, and he was good to go.

Boman Forklift and pjzocc like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

OK, what "shit" specifically did I come up with? Tell me. I love how you speak in generalities while offering nothing specific. All you hear is what you want to hear. The general perception was that GasGas being owned by KTM has no budgeting considerations and therefore is racing at no cost because KTM.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sounds like an interpersonal issue on your part. Did you reach out to your lover Clarence lately.
    Don't answer.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I've never emphatically stated that GasGas is racing at no cost. Others have because seemingly they are owned by KTM and using red painted KTM bikes.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

This from a pussy who reaches out to a wera mod that he's somehow being unjustly persecuted and ask for cover. LOL.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

At least you are still good for entertainment, revisionist ecolection and definitional delusions aside. Again, I applaude you for your subtle level of trolling. You have caught some lunkers so far. Kinda a dance monkeys dance thing.

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'll do it if they give me 100% throttle! Technically, that would be legal via the current rules package. They are allowed to balance for individual rider's performance. :crackup:

YamahaRick and 5axis like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Youre over my head but fair enough.