1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I've been beaten up on by kids in every class I raced. I didn't start racing until I was late 20s early 30s.

You seem to think my opinion stems from the level of competition. That has nothing to do with it.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Not arguing, more like friendly banter. No different than talking favorite sports teams or bench racing

Boman Forklift and Dragginass like this.
  3. Dragginass

But yall want me to change my mind:beer:

lopitt85 likes this.
  4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

then, yeah, i don't get it. he shouldn't want to run the class because it's small-displacement? he shouldn't want to run it because it's named a certain way? now i'm not even arguing, i'm just curious because i don't understand.

5. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Yeah getting passed by a 12yr old Rocco Landers on the outside is a very humbling experience.

6. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

It would be quite fun to see what 8k on the Ape could do. Anybody build a Ape 660+ SB yet?

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

In Europe yes

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yeah, 28 is motogp retirement age. FIM and MA need to bring the age down. Id say 21 yo max?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well why don’t you take your opinion and back it up!!!

Provide a ride for him next season. You choose whatever bike and class you deem appropriate for him and your budget. Or the budget you can pull together with like minded individuals?

Win-Win!!!

KWyman133 likes this.
  10. Dragginass

The spirit of the class is younger kids getting their start racing. It's JUNIOR cup. I don't think a 20- something year old dude should be fighting for a championship in that class, but the rules allow it as we have all acknowledged.
    The "ride" has nothing to do with it.

rapidzrx likes this.
  11. Dragginass

The spirit of the class is younger kids getting their start racing. It's JUNIOR cup. I don't think a 20- something year old dude should be fighting for a championship in that class, but the rules allow it as we have all acknowledged. Wyman isn't Nobi Iso, and the bikes aren't GP machines. Its kids on low cost machines.

rapidzrx likes this.
  12. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

There is more than one definition for Junior. Since they allow adults to race the class, the "lower in standing or rank" definition appears to apply.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Actually I don’t understand that argument at all?

Nobi had a 6 figure Unobtainaium bike, competing against dads and sons on $12k Honda’s.

Nobi ISO on that rocket Aprila would give you a better leg to stand on regarding being unfair letting an old guy compete against kids. Especially since Nobi was super lightweight and had an unlimited budget compared to most of his competition?

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

so do you see cody as preventing joe or max or kayla or any of the other kids from getting the attention they need to progress in their careers?

Boom likes this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Hate drama but enjoy reading you fellows... lol

I'll shime in a bit...

I agree with @Dragginass and even though the rules are well written black on white, we could compare to a female sport and transgenders being par of them now. If operated, they are females. Yet we seem to all agree they shouldn't be in said sport.

Well this is the same with the Jr. Cup situation and the 28 dude (man) racing kids, which the title of the class identifies as JUNIOR. Just cause it's written, doesn't make it correct ;)

My 2cents

Boom, 418 and Dragginass like this.
  16. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

The NATC may be closer to what you are looking for. Age limit 13-16, spec machinery, express purpose is young kids getting their start.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that your analogy would work better if there was a surgery would make a 28-year-old man 15 again while he retained his experience.

18. Dragginass

He isn't hindering them, but one could argue an almost 30 year old man winning a championship against kids is strange, if nothing else.

Boom and 418 like this.
  19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

i'll reiterate.. the 28yo is at a physical disadvantage compared to his competitors. they're lighter. even if nothing else were different, they have a ~50lb advantage - and on a low power bike like a 400, that matters a lot.

then on top of that, those kids are made of rubber, don't know what pain is, and have every ounce of racecraft that the man does. in most situations a man competing vs children is unfair, advantage to the man. in this one it's unfair, advantage to the kids.

20. Dragginass

It has a parallel goal to Junior Cup. I don't think Wyman should want to race those kids either.