1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Road America - 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 23, 2022.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

In all seriousness if you are considering racing with MotoAmerica you need to become more familiar with not only rules but also how things work. What you are asking for is there, you just need to know where to look. See Technical Logs section.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/competitor-info/

rafa, Monsterdood, TurboBlew and 5 others like this.
  2. On paper it’s one of those WTF things, in person watching them muscle baggers around is pretty damn cool to watch.

Triple X, lopitt85 and prm like this.
  3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Agreed, appears some others need to do the same. :D

Bering completely serious, will most likely just concentrate on skills / track days / WERA this year. Then see if a proper built MotoA spec bike pops up on the market and do a turn key setup.

Regardless I need to add a third Ninja to the fleet anyway.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Definitely makes sense buying one already setup.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

No sure where your kids are finishing but keep them at WERA racing until they're running at the front in their main classes and in the top five when they ride up a class or two.

Scott S. likes this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Those Tech logs make the Twins Cup look pretty professional! Of course it's easier because we have the most open rules of all the classes.

I was flat out amazed at how many people showed up at Daytona with zero knowledge of the rulebook. Sometimes MotoAmerica can be downright confusing (FZ-o7 airbox rule is one example) but for the most part, it's pretty simple, if you take the time to read the book.

7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

In other news...

The ever-responsible PJ Doran thought it would be a good idea to get to bed at a decent hour on Saturday.

Parrish thought PJ's good idea was, in fact, a very bad idea.

upload_2022-6-7_16-18-48.png

8. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Attached Files:

socalrider and G 97 like this.
  9. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Still harping about the watch

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

It was amateur hour for sure. Top 2 not seeing multiple red flags and thinking red flashing light in Canada corner means rain lol And ALL of them starting the race on rain tires despite the track being completely dry by that point...wtf? lol

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

the race to the checker under a red was total amateur hour. They had no choice but to run rains though because they don’t have their spare set of wheels yet. That would have meant bringing 30 wheels over to Dunlop

12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

The guest commentator who runs that program was not thrilled at all. She lost a bit of her composure calling the race.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

:crackup:I know this oh so well... When I went to buy a tire from him at Blackhawk last month for the TC I was trapped over there for almost an hour in conversation with him. He just kept going and going and going. Regardless I'm happy for the dude. Well deserved win. He's tried and true to the motorcycle road racing game and definitely paid his dues.

upload_2022-6-8_8-40-30.png

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That is because the riders ARE amateur, I understand what they are trying to do with that class, but a professional event is not the place to have it.

Boom, sbk1198 and badmoon692008 like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um you saw the sponsorship signs, the name of the class/series, and the time slot in the series?
    That embodies the very definition of bringing professional $$ to MA & its advertising affliates.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That was probably Bree who's been in the paddock for probably at least 20 years working with countless teams in every capacity. She knows racing. She's also basically solely responsible for the Sponsorship from Royal Enfield in MotoAmerica and American Flat Track. She's an incredible asset.

jksoft, evomach, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Who could blame Jason if he was still giving a presser to this minute? It's a long time coming!

grasshopper and G 97 like this.
  18. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

THIS!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What in the world are you talking about and why would I need to stop you from going to a website?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would it be given the same treatment as something that stopped racing for an hour or two and changed the entire days schedule?

Seriously, what is your issue? Did Brian offend you? Touch you in a no no spot? You obviously are seriously unhappy that you personally are not being told exactly what was done to the bike - even though those details aren't usually given out in any technical DQ like that. Or is your issue with MA and you want to find something to bitch about? There is obviously something going on here or you won't keep going on about essentially nothing.