1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | VIRginia International Raceway | May 21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, May 12, 2021.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That kids flies. Not certain on the specs of the bike.

3. Ellwood

Ellwood Well-Known Member

Watching Live+ and hearing Jason Weigandt is awesome. Weigandt is a dirt bike guy and does a tremendous job with the both Supercross and Motocross series. Does anyone know what his contract is with MotoAmerica?

RRP likes this.
  4. Lwtkawi

Lwtkawi Member

Fill in for M.Hill for two rounds

5. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Why don’t American tracks keep fresh paint on their curbs? I’m watching MA Live+ and VIR’s ugly curbs makes both MA and VIR look so amateurish.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Cause fuck you, that's why.

*edit* - That's the track owners response

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I've been knocking out files all day and just realized there's some live racing being streamed

8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Did Escalante bin it? What was with the ice pack?

9. MyWayGuy

I’m sure it is, but it doesn't change the fact it makes the facility looks like be crap. At least they cut the lawn.

Idk… Maybe I’ve watched too many European events where the tracks look impeccable…. but to be the best you have to beat the best.

10. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I think fresh paint is a pretty cheap way to make the tracks look a lot more professional.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Tyler Scott on pole. He's shaping up to be our own little stateside Pedro Acosta.

12. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If you are talking about FIM paint, it isn’t cheap at all and VIR has lots of curbs.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

For how much they cut over curbs here I think it should be rattle can. I never understand the purpose of making corners that aren't corners. Barber chicane is the worst example, but VIR has lots of short cuts on the racing line too.

15. MyWayGuy

I do know what FIM cost, be it seems like it we be a go opportunity to bring a partner onboard.

Road Atlanta’s curbs looked fresh to me, did MA just catch some lucky timing?

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nascar had to buy 5000 gallons are traction paint for cora this weekend for the nascar race there, vir should have done the same, but I don't thinking there is a big upside for them to spend a lot of money with motoamerica probably.

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

The FIM paint has been said to have unbelievable wet grip, which is the opposite of rattle can.

Pitt Race was painting curbs the days leading up to the MA race weekend last year, so maybe VIR just gives no fucks.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Is there any FIM spec paint available? Maybe they do care but with the shortages and all the ships parked off the ports, they can't get any. Or we can get out the pitchforks and 3 ft. screwdrivers and just go for the throat based on no information or facts.

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Probably because he raced against Acosta in RRC 2019

Chino52405 likes this.
  20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Have you been to VIR?

They don't use the FIM paint. Never have.