1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | Road Atlanta | April 30-May 2

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Dammit people, stop doing the math! I don’t want to know how much it costs me to race! Lol If I think about it too much, I’ll just sell everything....

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We've had the audios on all day in the shop,,,
    super informative and Richard is just brilliant.. good find Thanks

Peter Hively likes this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Your 78hp bike on MR12 and a 160 Pirelli would make 73-74hp on a 180 spec Dunlop with spec fuel. I get what you're saying though. A 2nd gen superstock chassis with a 90hp sbk engine is still capable of running at the pointy end with a talented rider.

Boman Forklift and Kris87 like this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Because certain guys who are limited on talent need all the HORSE-POWAHHH they can get!

FWIW my engine build was $6K all in. Another $25o for dyno tuning. Flame away!

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dude. U dont even know me. No reason to get personal about it!!!
    :moon:

5axis and Gino230 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Useless.

J*D* and stk0308 like this.
  7. J*D*

J*D* ‘18 CBR1000RR SP

Yea man. May wasn’t using TC yet either, (setting Tzero), that should only help him in future races, once he works that in.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Concerning the Honda, there is a really good series on Youtube called "Building the Fireblade 2020" about the BSB Honda effort.
    Couple of my pals are in those and some parts they made just for that bike.

9. J*D*

J*D* ‘18 CBR1000RR SP

Very cool, I’ll check it out, if I’ve not yet seen it.

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yate's motor is torn down right now because it started making noise after the race. I hope it was nothing major because getting parts has to be super hard for these things right now. I was definitely shocked how fast the honda's were for both being very near stock.

12. You mean when people tried to claim let’s say a set of forks, they weren’t provided to the person making that claim in the same condition as raced? Seems quite shocking to me a team would do something to alter the forks performance and just general condition so the forks were useable by said person who made that claim for them. No sir, those gouges were there when the bike was on the track :)

stk0308 and YamahaRick like this.
  13. J*D*

J*D* ‘18 CBR1000RR SP

I was told the engine needed tearing down due to overzealous overrevving, after the race..

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yea anytime the riders are bouncing them off the rev limiter and doing burnouts after the race I'm sure the mechanics are just cringing like "STOP!"

stk0308 and J*D* like this.
  15. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I would say that is accurate haha!

J*D* likes this.
  16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Ugh, hope this is a one time thing, he didnt even race the Superbike races.

17. J*D*

J*D* ‘18 CBR1000RR SP

All these brands of super bikes, (& riders of course!), are just amazing.

I am super impressed that Honda finally came out wt a real race bike, it’s been a long time coming.

Unfortunately it’s lost it’s street ability, but that’s the price, right? I’ll stick wt my prior gen CBR SP for the street. I can’t do better.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's just one of the many many many reasons claiming rules never worked.

19. One of MANY!!!