1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoA @ Pittrace Camping

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thinking about heading out to the races this weekend and camping at the track on Sat. night. Need the 411 on how large the tent camping area is, ie. will it fill up and I’ll be stuck looking for a motel somewhere? Will I be butt to nutt with other tents/campers? Also, I’ll have my GF with me and she likes luxuries such as flush toilets and hot showers.

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Your girlfriend will be able to shower with me in my Provost motor house providing you first post pictures of aforesaid girlfriend... :D

rd400racer, TLR67, Itey and 1 other person like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Last year tent camping was a huge open field and it was crowded in certain spots and not so crowded in other spots. I'd bank on butt to nutt given the increased attendance at all rounds this year.

Good luck on the showers and flush toilets, I cant remember seeing may if any at all but you can call the track and they will tell you.

There are campsites within 30 mins of the track if you want to stay off track and drive up. we stay at https://rosepointpark.com/ and its pretty nice and has hot showers haha

4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Walked right into that one!

motoracer1100 likes this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Gotta admire the comraderie in the race community.

Above and beyond. :D

6. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Good to know that I have pals that will look out for me :D

cav115 likes this.
  7. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Good info Henry, just the kind of intel I was looking for.

That place looks very nice, I’ll check them out.

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Our Drill Sergeants were always yelling "Tighten up that line...rockets to sockets!" NTTAWWT

evakat and cav115 like this.
  9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Same thing in USMC bootcamp, except it was tighten up, butt to nutt. LMAO!

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

On the website, the tent camping is sold out and all that is showing is unreserved RV camping for $200. That is surprising. There a couple of showers in the main bathroom in the paddock. Those are the only showers I know of. They are nice but there are only a few of them.

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The way it's been raining there the last couple of days (just did the YCRS school there Tues. and Wed.) it's going to be muddy unless the sun comes out and dries everything quick. When I left last night there were already campers there. I would bet it's going to be crowded. 2 shower stalls in the mens room in the paddock was all I saw.

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Good intel boys.

Found a room at the nearby Ramada, prob just book that. I pretty much hate summer camping anyway.