1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motion pro kill switch on 08 GSXR

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Racer45, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Has anyone ever put a motion pro kill switch on a 2008-09 GSXR 750? Not a 06-07. The kill switch is different (mode switch on 08-09) and there are more plugs. I modified the housing like it show in the directions, but really would like to put the MP kill on since it's narrower and gives me some room to move my controls around which I cannot do right now

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It's a fairly easy swap. Just isolate the wires that perform the functions you need (toggle power/start) and run those to the MP switch. You can also use OEM switches off of an R6 or CBR the same way.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I put a CBR switch on a 07 gsxr 1k. Id the wiring color is the same I think I posted what the final connections should be.

4. Racer45

The problem seems to be that the stock switch has three plugs and the MP one just 1. The 06-07 like in the video only have one plug just like the switch. The 2 bigger plugs on the stock switch both have to be plugged in to work.

Now that I have the manual in front of me it looks like the switch harness has been modified. The manual only shows 2 plus and I have 3. Trying to figure out WTF the 3rd is

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Are the two plugs the mode selector? Doesn't the bike default to A mode every time it's started?

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

A mode is default :up:

7. Racer45

Looks like the previous owner modified it for the keyless and run it on the switch. But the switch has been taped to the harness to look stock. So I'm assuming when I open it up tomorrow I'll find some wires going nowhere, tied together with possibly some resistors in there. Making life complicated to put on a f'ing switch

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I was in the same boat with my 750, had to call the previous owner countless times to figure things out.

9. Racer45

I've changed numerous things back around on this thing so they make sense. I'll take it back apart tomorrow and see what I find. Good thing is I'm taking the bike completely apart and I'll find any other BS I don't like

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Just trace what wires are actually going to the on/off toggle and the starter button as it is wired now and run those to the MP (or whatever one you are using) switch.

Lots of guys modify the right hand switch as per some directions they either found on here on on some Gixxer forum and run everything (through the right hand side switch). When I do them, I like to run a separate switch for the left clip on in place of the ignition and use the switch on the right clip on as well. If someone was in there before, you'll find a resistor wired in line to the line that goes back to the ECU.

11. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

I took the stock kill switch and hacksawed off the throttle end. Works fine. That's an 06 600

12. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

If you have race clip ons you could try and mount it to any of the clip on bar extending into the center of the bike. (Stock switch harness)

13. Racer45

that's how it is right now. Not enough room to move levers around. Can only really fit one way