Most reliable used 400+ HP Sedans

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. I want a price, if it's what I'm willing to pay I'll come buy the car. That's it. No screwing around. I don't mine the time waiting for an appraisal on a trade and the like but screw the back and forth.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a 415 horse Malibu, just yuck. :D

BigBird likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A dealer in Florida lost a sale to me over 2 dollars. I told them they had to be under 20K out the door. They came back at $20,001.00. I said that's not under 20k. He said ok...20k. My reply was still not under 20k. He called me back and said ok...I'll pay the dollar out of my pocket. I told him to stick his hand in his pocket and grab his dick before he steps on it again. Idiots...

Potts N Pans likes this.
  4. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

It does kind of look like one on the outside, but it sure doesn't perform like one.

5. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with the aesthetics of the car. It's not attractive, there's a little too much chrome, etc. But it is such a *GREAT* sleeper. Especially with the dual-mode exhaust. (You can literally hear the exhaust note change just by flipping it between touring and sport modes.)

They do make an all blacked-out Darth Vader version, but it is not a Q-ship at all.

[​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of great performers out there, looks matter. It's like the Abarth - get a Mini instead :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is better but it's still a Malibu/Impala rental car look. I just can't get into it. Would take a used CTSV with the little 400hp motor any day just for style.

I do have to say I love the sleeper factor. But I want the V wagon for that. Or put a Hemi in the Jeep. Or an old school Volvo 850 wagon totally set up for roadracing :crackup:

8. Sean Jordan

Call dealer 800 number:

(talks reallllly fast. I mean, faster than me): "blhalbalhalblahhlah direct your call?"

Me "May I speak with someone in Sales, please?"
    Them "Who do you want to talk to?"
    Me "....someone that can sell me a car?"
    Them "Oh, ok, just someone in Sales then. Please hold."

:mad:

9. Sean Jordan

The CTS-V wagon is at the very top of my list. Unfortunately, they're rare and command a premium price.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I keep looking on the off chance I can find one used for a price I can afford - so far I'd have been better off spending 60k on a demo I saw right after they first came out - it'd be worth the same now it seems.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My wife wants one of those and I told her the same thing Venom said. It will reliably be in the shop. When it is out of the shop, it sounds pretty great, at least the one with the ferrari engine.

12. Boman Forklift

How much you want for that old worn out POS chick car. My wife or daughter might like it. LOLOLOL

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The chevy SS is a pontiac G8 with a new, much uglier body. Still a great car.
    The Maserati anything you can name is a giant stinking pile of turds as far as reliability goes. There is a reason they are $25k after 3yrs and 20,000 miles.

14. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:I just busted up in the middle of a Wendy's

15. Venom51

I find it funny he is all hung up on the "sleeper" aspect and hasn't made the connection of no one looking at the IS-F like it's anything other than an IS350. No one but people who are into cars even knows what it is. To the rest of the world it's a boring Toyota sedan. Other than that it's a great car and fits all his criteria except "interesting" which is pretty much what makes it a sleeper.

16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

IS-F's are super boring. So are RC-F's.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

The IS-F I guess is a sleeper, except for the bulging hood, big calipers, exhaust tips, and fancy wheels. It's a great car, but it's an old car now.

I'm on my phone..excuse errythang

18. Venom51

Driving in America is boring. It really doesn't matter what car you are in.

19. Venom51

No one has ever paid attention. I walked out from lunch the other day to a woman, her mother and her daughter next to my car and their car. They were in a Toyota something...white just as my car is and the daughter is standing their screaming at her mother while she is opening the door to my car "Mom...that's not our car!". She had no idea she wasn't opening the door to her Toyota boredom machine. No one notices the hood bulge, brakes or dumbass fake exhaust tips.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's just a holden commodore. I'm in Australia right now and they are everywhere. Rode in a taxi the other day that was the decked out v8 model. It was quick but had all the interior quality of a 1995 cavalier. The El Camino version they sell over here though....... woah.