More proof CA is full of morons

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 10, 2021.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

where are you looking?

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Colorado most likely.

I really wanted to go to Montana or northern Idaho but the weather is pretty brutal. I’m rather fond of a SoCal girl who needs sunshine to survive so Colorado kind of splits the difference.

Also my uncle is a recently retired log and timber frame home builder in Coal Creek and his assistance with the build is too valuable to pass up.

What about you? What’s next?

3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Sorry we're full. ;)

JBraun likes this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You too ? Thought it was just them southern states. :crackup:

code3ryder likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Is it all the folks leaving fast that creates a vacuum that makes California suck so bad? Inquiring minds want to know....

DrA5 likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nah, come to western NC. You can have it. Hell, you can have my house, I'm leaving.

7. socalrider

i was putting offers on properties/homes in northern az and northern idaho. we ended up in northern az, which, is good so i can still technically drive here to see my parents. dad's health isnt great so i know in the next 5 years i may be spending weekends here and idaho would have made that tough. CdA is so damn beautiful though.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

How come? I liked it there.

Just sold my place in Cashiers for asking price so the market is plenty strong.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Northern AZ is pretty awesome. Caught a blizzard the last time through and had to stop in Flagstaff. The driving the next day was beautiful. Heavy snow in all the pines and a fresh blanket on the ground. It was gorgeous.

socalrider likes this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'd say Cashiers/ Highlands is quite unique for the state. The people and the vibe are completely different, IMO. But real estate is doing well just about everywhere I
    in NC. Add a little elevation, like W Jefferson, Blowing Rock, Assville, etc. and demand is very high.

It's not so bad here really. It's just becoming too crowded for me. I've seen desolate places in the west. I fell in love with the desert, and once that happens, there's no going back.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I definitely get that. For me it was the ocean but I had a night in Mojave that made me understand the beauty of the desert. Mushrooms may have been involved but that's another story..

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

:crackup:

13. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What you tip toe thru the tulips to lol

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Where ya headed? We decided on the Atlanta area. I can keep an unlicensed torque wrench there, it’s like a paradise of freedom.

15. socalrider

Northern arizona. I have a renter in the house now, so the first few months I have no mortgage but by 2022 I'm the fuck out of here

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

My sister and her family live in Prescott. I love it there. I don’t know if I could live there full time though. I wanted to buy there when the current stupid got started, but my wife doesn’t care for the area. What area of SoCal you in now?

I’m in Pasadena. Los Angeles was tough in the before time, now it’s like fucking Bladerunner. I am in absolute awe of how quick we went batshit insane. Americans are going to be shooting eachother in the streets like dogs soon and SoCal will be one of the first places to blow up, best to get the fuck out of dodge while the getting is good.

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Talking with wife few days ago where we would move if CA people take over this place. Could not find anything to match beauty and piece of desert :)

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Cut from the same cloth.

Going from this (which ain't bad)

[​IMG]

To this, is almost like being on a different planet.

[​IMG]

But after spending some days and nights, there's no other place I'd rather be.

[​IMG]

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Did you buy land?

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Still looking. There was a full section 640 ac, that I was within a day of flying out to lock it down. Got sick (root canal & infection) then got the Covid and was out of action for a while. Someone signed a contract on it.

It is very difficult to find what I want....with power.....and water. (and not in a red flag state)