1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mongo?? sv650 ss

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bentforks, Jan 24, 2004.

1. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

are the ramair boxes legal for stock class...just wandering because you still retain the stock airbox and filter with this mod

thanks

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I'm not mongo but no its not legal.

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I would think the ram air holes in what ever body work you want would be ok...........but routing the air to the airbox via hose, tube, whatever.........I doubt it.

If you can not raise the tank less than an inch with spacer and be legal..........again, I doubt ram air will pass ss inspection.

:cool:

4. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

"The OEM air box must be used and an OEM type filter must be properly installed (a K&N style direct replacement filter is an acceptable OEM type). The only modification allowed is the sealing of airbox drains. "

The way the rule is, no modifications are allowed.

5. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

but the thing is you dont make any modifications to the airbox at all..the airbox stays the same but sits in the ramairbox

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's obviously a bit gray in the rulebook so I'll go back to the intent of the rules and say no. Ram air is an SB mod when not stock.