1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mo-hammed-vember?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by james walker, Oct 7, 2014.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Gee, what happened to the days when if you wanted to have freedom of any sort YOU STAYED THE FUCK OUT OF JAIL????
    He is a violent felon and should not be entitled to anything more than the basics to keep him alive and reasonably healthy. The bleeding hearts are giving this country away a half inch at a time.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

They should take some of the monies they're stealing from innocent highway dwellers and buy razors to shave him bald.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

On the identity risk part, they could ask a prisoner to shave their beard when they arrive, take a picture and then let it regrow. If necessary they could do this again every 10 years to make sure they have a picture that would look like the prisoner if the prisoner shaved their beard.

I agree we sometime coddle the prisoners too much these days, but I don't see a problem with them being allowed to keep a beard.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The problem is if you give in to this request there will be more that push the boundary every time. Best to say no and make them all live withing the established rules. Just because the guy that claims to talk to your sky daddy says that you need a beard should not come in to play.
    Once again, if he wanted freedom he should have stayed out of jail.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I vote for crashman for prez!...or at least Warden...:bow:

...and I'd like to thank Walker for giving him this opportunity. :up:

But seriously here, This BS should not be allowed to happen. He could literally hide a weapon in that thing....how'd you like to be the guard that has to stick his fingers in this guys muff?....or maybe the one that gets shanked.

>>>and Yam, no offense holmes, but he's a convicted prisoner, and you want to "ask" him to shave his beard every so often???

Shave that man!...then require HIM to shave himself.

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

yup. you're in PRISON. f@ck your religion, any of 'em.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've had to shave mine off for jobs. Not feeling sorry for him.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Fair enough. I am not too obstinate to realize I may have spoken too soon on this. There should certainly not be an exemption based on religion. Either allow beards or don't allow them. Same with turbans and long hair. Either they are OK or they are not OK. Religion should not come into it. That kind of thinking just wastes taxpayer / prosecutor / court time with every new religious thing that comes along.

10. CharlieY

If his religion is so important, he should have thought about needing that beard BEFORE he F'd up!

....or needing to face a certain way at a certain time, yadda yadda.....he gave all that up when he F'd up!

Not yelling at you yam, I posted during yours, didn't see it...sorry.

some decent arguments about policy consistency in there......I say shave them all, face, head....bald, like foo said.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

SOB should be glad he isn't subject to the laws of the religion he follows.

12. CharlieY

Good point....hes probably already dammed....so don't need a beard anyway.

I just hate this kinda BS.....all he's doing is "F'ing with da man"...and some people let it happen.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How about letting him have exactly as much beard as an active duty enlisted man can have.

Oh, wait....

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It's a consistency-with-other-rules issue. I'm with the judges on this one; it's retarded to allow personal style statements like mustaches and full-on Afros, but disallow beards. I'm surprised at you guys. Religion doesn't even have to come into play.. in this case it was just the (very valid, in my mind) reason the guy wanted to push for it.

Now, if the prison had existing rules that said "crew cut, clean shaven face, everyone gets the same style", then the guy can EAD. But it doesn't.

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Cut his fucking head off and call it a day.

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that the United States or Arkansas cut off the man's head for wanting to keep his beard? or for being a Muslim?

:confused:

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That would definitely end the conflict once and for all. I would not have a problem with that.

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Its my way of saying I don't give a fuck about his beard, or his head either for that matter. He's a f'n con and he has the right to nothing. Want to debate it...find yourself a mirror and give it a go.

And have a great rest of the day.