1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mladin sums up OG BIR to a tee

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducman851, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

3. Ducman851

The original BIR Turn 1. Not the new course. They certainly don’t have the run at Turn 1 we used to

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some site needs to pay him to write for them.

418, cha0s#242 and Ducman851 like this.
  5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

well, they do!

6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

:clap::clap::clap:
    Looking forward to his description of turns 8 & 9 at Willow.

motion, malamute and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Kinda nice to think that I have raced Brainerd original turn 1, Road America without the chicane after the carousel and Road atlanta with the gravity cavity. Fortuantely for me, I always was on a 600 or smaller and didn't scare myself too badly.

Rdrace42 and mike w like this.
  8. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

:stupid: Definitely happy to have been able to race those tracks before they were neutered! :bow:

9. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Anybody remember the old turn 9 at BIR under the bridge? Scary wrecks in that corner. I got to ride through it one time in 1986, although it doesn't count - was a weird kinda impromptu parade lap thing that went way off the rails when everybody took off like a bat out of hell. Pretty sure CRA never did that again...haha

10. Ducman851

Yeah, they made us do the “bus stop” leg to slow us down before the bridge.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

But what a great corner to stuff someone in!

Ducman851 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  12. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

We may have been on the track together back in the day. My buddies started racing in 87, I didn't start until 90, the dog leg I think got put in about 88-89, so I never actually got to race on the old track. which is fine, I was plenty capable of making any of the other corners dramatic enough..haha

13. How about the big crack after the bridge that caused the crazy head shake resulting in no front brakes at T10 and allowing the T boning of the unsuspecting rider ahead of you??? My mistake, only did it once and learned, sorry dude!

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That did not suck! Thanks for the link.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I liked using the bump coming into T9 as a brake marker. I loved the bus stop.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good lord, what is that abomination in the first photo? It looks like a predator and alien had a baby and put him in charge of designing a bike that appealed to him from a style of standpoint. It makes the lines of a H2R look fluid and elegantly simple.

17. Ducman851

Yes it was. Hehe

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I liked that post too. Never was a Mladin fan, but his writing on FB is pretty well done and very interesting. I wish Miguel did something like that, he always was entertaining.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  19. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Looks like he was wearing old ass gear that he borrowed from someone, lol. He certainly comes across as a dude that gives no fucks what anyone thinks of him.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looks like shit leftover from racing in the US 14 years ago. :D

stk0308 likes this.