MINI'S at TGPR

Discussion in 'General' started by Squirrelly, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Well-Known Member

Will they get to race???
    Im looking for a tire for the rear of a CR 80, anybody know of a decent 14 inch tire?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes they will, Saturday and Sunday. Probably be one round of practice and one race each day though.

3. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Well-Known Member

COOL [​IMG]

Do you have to wire up everything?
    Can I leave the knobby's on and take a short cut from the 90's to the sweeper???
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wire the drains and the major stuff. You can leave the knobbies on but no short cuts. Should be interesting, some of the derbi guys found out that you can fit Buell Blast tires on the Derbi's (and the Derbi based Cagiva badged one) so they're having fun in the corners now, drgging knees and everything... [​IMG]

5. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

when i went through tech at cmp tony told me i have to saftey wire everything like a race bike .is this true or a miss communcation

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tecnically true, reality however is a little different. We're being easier on the mini's for now but I'd really like them to all be properly wired like any other race bike.

7. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

i was told to wire it or dont bring it

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You were told wrong and I'll take care of it.

9. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

thanks a bunch

10. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

How difficult IS it to safety wire a few drain plugs and bolts/nuts? RPM and CMRA don't require belly pans. Will this continue in WERA?

11. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

i wired all that ,they were talking about everything else .
    the list to wire is :
    oil fill
    oil drain
    oil filter
    exhaust hanger
    water fill
    all taken care of

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jack - right now I'm woking on getting the bikes on track period, with a lot of them being pit bikes etc... With the racing not being serious yet, we'd lose alot of the riders (50% of the ones at CMP) if they had to wire it. I'm figuring on getting them hooked, then getting more serious on the rules. In the meantime I don't want tech scaring people off by being a bunch of hardasses when it's not necessary.

13. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Yeah for Mongo! [​IMG]

14. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

What is the entry fee ?

------------------

WERA n.#94

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$25 per day o racing.

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Is that in the budget squirrely? Have to save some of that Miller Lite money or recycle a few empties.

Can you do 1:11's on that 80? Smith can. Oh maybe Jake could on track day

[This message has been edited by gpracer15 (edited 04-19-2002).]

17. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Looks Like we will have the DRZ125 with us at the TGPR round. I checked it out today at lunch, it was still in the crate (just arrived) so can't pick it up until saturday. It looks FAST!! It may be illegal Mongo.... Wifey has not tired it on yet but I'm hoping its not too big for her. This is the "L" model with the bigger wheels & frt. disc brake.

Anyway if it fits her Mongo we'll have it for inspection at TGPR. Not sure if I'll run it then or not (if its deemed legal of course [​IMG] ) since the engine won't be run in.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come to Talladega on Friday and we can run up to Kentuck and break it in [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Mongo (edited 04-19-2002).]

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dang, I'm still looking for an excuse to get to Kentuck. Oh well, maybe Walt will go.