1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minis at Nelson this weekend

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by PaulRK, Sep 22, 2021.

1. PaulRK

PaulRK Member

Anyone else planning on showing up to race? Prefer not to have a repeat of Pitt Race where I was the only mini entered.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Well congratulations!!! You won!

I'm honestly surprised they ran Minis at Pitt....that's a LONG lap for small bikes.

Nelson's fun. Unfortunately, I've had to basically take the season off, but we hope to return next year.

Nelson's a LOT of fun.

3. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

Mini's at Nelsons = Full Throttle everywhere until t12, one downshift then back to full throttle.

FastByKids likes this.
  4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

No more mini’s for us on the big tracks until we build better engines.

WOT is havoc for the top end of those Chinese engines.

5. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

That's exactly how you're supposed to ride these things :D. I didn't have my grom very long but when I rode it - I beat on it pretty good.

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I think Hank will be there and he usually has his 150r to run minis

7. StaccatoFan

That's very true. The last race there last season, my son was WOT just as you said....We bought him the Ohvale 110 automatic from @assjuice cyrus because his son had
    moved to a 110 manual. My kid was ringing that things neck all the way around for the rull race distance. Matt/AJC says to me, "I cannot believe he hasn't blown that thing up yet."
    You could actually hear the little guy all the way around the course for the full lap giving it all he had. He was the only one entered in Mini50, but be damned if was getting second place. LOL.

Still, we had a LOT of fun. I sold that one to another NJMiniGP Dad for his son and he's made it a 110 manual now for his boy. Raced it all this season. He and Alex have had a couple fun battles for position this season.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Darrin - you coming to Nelson?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was going to be the short course at Pitt but sadly with only one we didn't run it.

10. StaccatoFan

Sorry no, Sir.

Trust me it's killed me to not race/track ride this year. I need to get my Dr. to clear me before I go back out there.

I would have volunteered to corner work again at your Summit round, it's close for us, but life got in the way of me participating/assisting that weekend, too.

At least the little guy (NOT so little anymore) has gotten to run NJMiniGP a lot, cause I can crew for him...and he's REALLY picked up his game this year.

For Pitt, you should honestly see if they'd let you run the Mini/Kart track for the mini classes.
    Off the cuff, I'm thinking you run it at the day's end like MA does for MiniCup.

It's a REALLY nice course...but that probably involves more hassle of logistics than I
    want to know about with moving corner workers and timing and scoring to that track.

11. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

We had Hank's 150 there but WAY too many hours on that things this year to do any more big tracks. Plus the 84mph gearing didn't show up till today lol. Good thing as it ate a roller on the exhaust rocker Sunday at Road America.