1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller may be shutting down.

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, May 8, 2015.

1. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Can you imagine, being locked up, and your cell has a view of a fucking race track across the highway???

That would be rough.

t

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good move for them short term, bad move long term unless they somehow got stuck with a bunch of the build out debt.

4. ton

ton Arf!

there's supposed to be a meeting today, i think, that should shed a little more light on what this means for the track. maybe TrackStar can comment?

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The county commissioners seem to have bought the claim that manufacturing would move here hook, line and sinker. To the point that they overlooked the local that was offering more money, and was more or less "supposed to" get the deal.
    Oh well.

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Isn't an auto manufacturer a good thing? Seems like they'd keep the track open for testing purposes?

Of course, I know nothing of the behind the scenes.

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I do have some inside info regarding the deal. I'll hold off on spilling any beans in case something changes.

My opinion is that I would rather have a manufacturing facility in the works than a housing development.

ANYONE who would rather see a housing development go in around a track than a manufacturing facility is just plain dumb. I think the county saw through that bull shit and is going the right direction.

8. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Volvo has a proving grounds outside phoenix, AZ.

Race tracks may not be the best for vehicle testing. A plant woukd want a lollipop check road.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yes, IF they actually bring manufacturing here. That is not even close to a certainty, either.
    Quite a few people were at the council meetings and have info.

10. caferace

caferace No.

If the paddock is empty, there is plenty of space.

-jim

11. turbulence

:D

12. Manufacturing and development centers are 2 different things. Having that track would be great for a manufacturer. Wouldn't cost too much to make it a damn good test sight (too much is relative). Only issue is the weather (not hot or cold enough)

13. turbulence

There is certainly a variety of weather here.. A month at or near 100 deg, to 3-4 months around freezing/snow

14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I have only been there once, and was truly impressed with everything...the track itself, the facilities, the staff, even the food (other than the pile of shit Coke machine by the west garages...it took my fuckin' quarter).

I hope it works out that USBA/WERA can race there 2016 and beyond. Either way, I'll be back out there twice, next month, to lend a hand and enjoy the 'dry' heat.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Geely...damn Geely....terrible movie, not expecting much here in terms of their cars either...

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wait...we aren't all going to line up and buy a Geely, since they kept one of the nicest tracks in america operating.

Blasphemy, I say, Blasphemy.

17. TTR174

TTR174 Rescue and restoration of 60's and 70's bikes

18. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

That's good news. Miller is on the bucket list of tracks to someday ride.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't know what to believe.

20. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

I didn't know that Volvo was owned by the Chinese!
    :wow: