Mid Ohio MA Again?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Aug 25, 2023.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sure thing. upload_2023-8-31_8-52-15.jpeg

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

3. Boman Forklift

Good point!! When I lived in Dallas, Texas suburbs for 5 years, that is where I learned to wheelie a sport bike through 3-4 gears every time I wacked the throttle.

That’s because the roads there are so boring and straight. I also did a lot of high speed runs, but the cops don’t like those too much. Not that cops like wheelies either, but I’ve been let off for wheelies a couple times.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hwy 36 is just one of dozens of epic motorcycle highways scattered amongst the 100 million acres that make up the Place of High Disdain. Some aren't even highways, but rather National Forest Routes -- e.g. South Fork Mountain Road, aka Six Rivers Forest Road 1 is an awesome connector between Mad River on Hwy 36 and Hwy 299 at Berry Summit. I rode it years ago and saw 2 cars over about 50 miles. Duck over to Willow Creek and you might catch a glimpse of Sasquatch.

5. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

mid ohio schedule is wrapping up early this year, and many at the track have mentioned the re-pave happening.

the afternoon/evening track days were my favorite since the track is so useless in the mornings anyways, but they'll probably be back next year after the repave.

also looks like the mid ohio school is likely going to a 4 groups, 15 minute format for their track days.

6. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

So many times for work and to see a good friend in El Segundo. Repair pavement is so crappy it falls apart after they fill the holes around the highway there. We were going to rent Charlie Chaplins cottage before the Wuhan started now I wont go back there ever

For work and stuff …
    Drove from Reno to Sacramento and back
    Drove from San Diego to Los Angeles a few times
    Flew into Los Angeles a bunch of times
    Flew into San Francisco a few times
    Other stuff and other stuff 20-30 years ago.

CA can blow me. Just say’n

7. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Impossible. Cops never let anybody off for anything in Texas.

8. Boman Forklift

Well, I’m probably a much better salesman than you are?:D

SundaySocial likes this.
  9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Fixed it for you.

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thanks for that ear worm… :)

“she can’t find a better man”

bpro likes this.
  11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Boman is the king of understatement.

YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

YoshiHNS likes this.
  14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Last year, I got tired of traffic on I5, two separate truck tipping over incidents, so I pulled over and went to sleep in the trailer. A/C going movie playing, took a nap ( I have living area up front ). I would wake up, hear traffic now moving, and go back to sleep. When I could hear traffic moving better, I took off again.

15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Rumors I have heard from a reliable source is that full pave starts in October

16. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Aug 16-18....guess no more PittRace ehhh :Poke:

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Why? Because of proximity?

why not move Pitt to a different date?

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

this year at least one round had 3 superbike races- I would guess to fulfill sponsor requirements. So adding at least one more date/weekend/location to the schedule shouldn't be too big a deal I would think.

Not sure why VIR is gone from the schedule, but there could be others that could be used to put additional dates on the calendar..

or go back to Superbikes and full show for Daytona??? :) We can only dream, right?

19. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

VIR left bc of the date - They have a concert festival and only offered MA Mothers day. IK some of yall went when they did that before and it was very bad.

MotoAmerica Officials believe that Superbike will return to a 10 round race schedule and find it hard to believe they will have both Pitt and Mid Ohio on the schedule because they are too close to one another.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

This is rumored that Pitt is off the schedule. But nothing confirmed yet. Would be awesome to have both on the schedule. Pitt is always a huge grind and crowd. I hate to see M.A. walk away from pit.

5axis likes this.