Mid Atlantic Region Season Kickoff Party!

Discussion in 'General' started by gsxracerbenny, Mar 19, 2002.

1. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

Team Harter Racing and Felipe Gregorio Cigars & Tobacco would like to invite all mid atlantic racers to a kickoff party on friday april 26th in Alexandria Virginia. "Beverages" and snacks,espresso etc. will be provided but if you have a favorite, feel free to bring it. Team Harter, AD3 Racing and Furious Moose Motorsports will have bikes on display. This will be a "warehouse" style party including foozball, billiards(pool),darts and poker. With most of the guests being racers i fully expect tournaments to be started! This will be geared toward exposing sponsors and potential sponsors to the racing crowd, so feel free to bring your bikes. If you would like to provide a racing "display", and invite your own sponsor prospects... e-mail me and ill make room for you. This would be a great way to show your prospects a little bit about what you do on the track (and off hehehehe) and let them get up close to a "race setup".Maybe it will increase thier intrest in the sport. If anyone would like to do a 50cc race, let me know, if we have enough participation, ill do it. This should be a GREAT time for all! Please respond to this thread with attendance intentions so I can plan accordingly. If attendance is strong, we'll have a d.j. rock the place.
    Benny

[This message has been edited by gsxracerbenny (edited 03-24-2002).]

2. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

What time will it be and what's the exact address?

I will be on the way down to VIR (CCS) on the way from Pococo (Team Pro-Motion) so I will have my bikes with me anyway, maybe I can show up my crappy equipment and network with all you guys [​IMG] Let me know the details

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey Benny, CCS has an event scheduled at VIR on April 13/14. You may lose a lot of locals to that race. Any possibility of rescheduling?

4. gsxracerbenny

2381 south dove street.
    directions:
    On the "beltway" 495/95 cross the woodrow wilson bridge into virginia (alexandria area) take the telegraph road exit. Your second right is Duke Street (headed downtown) Go exactly one block on duke street, turn right onto Dove street, Cant miss it it'll be the very loud warehouse with mini bikes whizzing around the parking lot most likely.

5. gsxracerbenny

RESCHEDULED FOR THE 26TH OF APRIL (instead of the 12th) [​IMG] [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by gsxracerbenny (edited 03-24-2002).]

6. mtnbkrpnk

mtnbkrpnk Broke racer.....

What time would you be starting? I work that day, but I'm free after 7 pm. Gotta be up at 5 am the next day though. Oh well, parties like this only happen so often right? [​IMG]

7. RandyD

RandyD Zoinks!!!

Please post the start time and (estimated) end time. I'll see if I can arrange for a MARRC member or two to stop by with some paperwork on Summit Point, cornerworking, and the MARRC race school.

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Damn! I hate to miss this opportunity. Sounds like a kick-ass idea! I'm going to miss this one, I'll be at VIR that weekend for the CCS races. Anyone trucking to VIR that weekend look me up.....i'll be making an ass of myself somewhere... [​IMG]

9. gsxracerbenny

It would be afternoon, ill be finishing off the setup around 5 or 6. Show up early to help setup if ya want. Most parties ive ever attended start at 9 or 10, that when they get fun, but since vir is the next day, I think it would be a good thing to get this thing rollin early.. mmm about 630 - 7ish. Is the ccs/vir thing just a practice on sat (13th) or are there races too? (you could miss am practice if that was the case.) Why would it be worth it to miss amm practice??? well, if this thing gets put together right, and you bring you sponsor prospects...... it could very well be worth it. Im puttin this on for several reasons: 1 its a good excuse to party. 2. its a great excuse to party. 3. I want my sponsors to get a "boost" into to season. For them to feel good about spending money in this sport, they are going to have to feel like they are a part of it, the sport is going to have to be interesting to them. This is the first step in making that happen. The second step is gettin em to the races. I figure it is easier to get em to a party than a race.... so first things first! Somebody hand me a cigar and some cognac will ya!!!!!!!!!!! yum. P.S. Special thanks to team furious moose for donating Hansens energy drink to the event, and congrats on the new sponsor!!!! Quite a few people have offered help with this event, thank you!!!!

10. gsxracerbenny

Estimated end time.... when the last drunk falls over.Or we are too far gone for a "legal" drive to giant for more beer.

11. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Damn, sounds like a good time, but I'll be on my way to VIR.

12. gsxracerbenny

bUMP A DEE BUMP BUMP

13. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

RESCHEDULE!!!! [​IMG]

This sounds like a blast, but most of us will be heading down to VIR for that race weekend. [​IMG]

Laura

14. gsxracerbenny

Alright.... ALRIGHTY ... [​IMG] Since papa's prediction is hell bent on proving itself.... mmmm lets explore a reschedule. This thread has shown good interest, I cant ignore that, and the purpose is to help people out..... so i give. I respectfully request permission ( ha ) to have a "kickoff" party after the first mid atlantic race............ So lets settle on a date. How does april 26th (friday) sound? Lets see a rsvp post to support this! And anyone gonna get the 50cc race started?

15. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

26th works for me. Can I ride my ttr in the 50cc race????

Monty

16. to37s

to37s Member

Well VIR is sat and sun. The party is fri. How about I make the party after work, skip fridays prac. hang out with my bike, sponsors, potential sponsors, and other racebikes. After elbow rubbing and a couple of games I will be off to VIR by myself driving all night to the track. Is there anything that I need to bring. I have a couple of potential sponsors coming plus the guys next door. Count me in.
    Dave

17. gsxracerbenny

Monte
    Ya know my ttr will wax ya..... hehehehe Yup, the ttr's will be in force !!!!

18. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

26th works for me, too. And since I bitched for you to reschedule, now I *guess* I have to show up, huh? [​IMG]

Laura

19. gsxracerbenny

yup, laura gotta make good now, he he. Monty...sorry to announce the end of the 50cc race idea. My boss (company owner) has decided not to allow a race during the party for liability reasons, Public roads and all that. I have agree with him, since it is his warehouse (and my sponsor) and im a beleiver in better safe than sorry. But.. there is a very nice pool table in the back room, a poker table,dart board and a foosball table ! Im sure we will all be plenty busy Still lookin for that rsvp post. If you guys have a favorite dish or drink... ethier bring it or suggest it!

20. gsxracerbenny

Randy D , Great Idea, looking forward to it.