1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Power One or Dunlop 211GPA

Discussion in 'Tech' started by scoob4fun, Mar 7, 2010.

1. scoob4fun

scoob4fun Well-Known Member

So here is the question. Could run either for my 2010 season. I have read great things about the Michelins but not much on the new Dunlop tire.

Prices for me are about the same so anybody have any input on comparing these two tires? Stricly racing/track use.

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

nobody has really used the 211 gp-a it hasnt come out yet

3. scoob4fun

I was hoping some of the lucky WERA guys that did the super secret testing could chime in :)

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

+1 I didnt know there was any

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Michelin contingency is the best out there.

6. joeyg

joeyg Well-Known Member

bump... good topic, I've been wanting to here reviews from people who race..... Not just track day people.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Im partial to Michelin, but why would you base spending tons of money on what a few on the beeb have to say? Why not run one brand one weekend, then the other brand another weekend? ;)

8. scoob4fun

Because I have contracts for both to get discounted pricing if I commit to running one tire all year. Plus I would rather not have to keep setting up the bike for different tires. (but trying each tire on its own is the best way to get the answers I know)

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I'd get a set of each and go do a track day at JenningsGP. If you feel you will be top 5 all the time, you will make more $ with Michelin. Good riders will go fast with either brand.

10. passingu178

passingu178 Well-Known Member

Get the true Ntecs from the UK and be done with it. The most high performance tire available, just a little salty on the wallet. Ran them all last year and like them better than the top Pirellis

11. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

I used the new 211 gpa's. They had them at streets of Willow round. Good tire. Seem to get a lot of life out of the rear. Haven't used them at big willow yet so that will be a test. I was told by the Dunlop guy (don't quote me on this) that Herrin and another AMA guy I forget who, tested them and they were 2/10's slower on the 211GPA than the 211UK.

I think mostly all the 600 guys ran them at Willow and did some serious lap times. On a side note I've never used a Michelin race tire