1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Dealer

Discussion in 'General' started by Trev230EX, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Who do I call for SE?

Going back to the track for the first time in a long time and need a set of good tires.

2. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

That would be Mr. Walt Schaefer .. Don't have his number off the top of my head, but there is an ad in RRW usually for him or someone else will come along with his number. He's at the track too for the SE races.

-steve

3. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Walt Schaefer 256-538-5906 :up:

4. Trev230EX

thanks guys left him a message!

Never rode Michelin on the track but have the Pure's on my streetbike and figured I would give the new race compound a try.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

ideally you would like warmers for the race tires.. then prepare to shit-thyself at the difference in grip levels. It's a blessing, and a curse. The grip is addicting, but comes at a price vs. the street tire cost.

6. Trev230EX

Yes, I have temp adj warmers.

I bought everything to go back to the track about 10 months ago and just now am getting around to setting up the bike, switching everything over and getting back out there.

When I raced back in 03-05 I ran Pirelli's. Just wanted to try something different. Figured I would ask Walt what pressures, sizing, etc.. he recommends.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Send Trevor at STT a E-Mail.. He lives in Charlotte and has a few Cups in the trailer left over from CMP this weekend... :up: [email protected]

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yes he will get you sorted.. you won't be disappointed

9. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

+1 on Trevor at STT. The new cups are incredible tires. Rear should be approx. 21 - 22 psi cold and the front is happy at 30 -31 cold

10. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I didn't, I just saw that the OP lived in Charlotte and that is where Trevor lives.....he could probably just drive over and pick them up this time.

Hell, the OP is even named Trevor...........maybe Trevor would give Trevor a set of tires for free because they have the same name! :crackup:

11. True.

I was just making a generic statement; wasn't really in response to anything. :beer: