Media evidently condones violence against Republicans

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

The popular vote and congress would say NO!

2. bentbryan

bentbryan no more pre-race jitters

OMG! How many inspections and votes would be enough for people like you? The answer is however many it takes to avoid going to war all-together.People like you make me sick. :Puke:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

On the surface at least, your post is pretty ironic! :D

4. 600inline4

600inline4 Mentally unstable

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stuart Mill

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I WAS PERSONALLY ATTACKED!

Last year, as the US readied to "INVADE" Iraq, I was living in Tallahassee, Florida. On my way to my storage, where my babies (race hawks) were stored, I had to pass the Capitol. And, weekend after freaking weekend there was always a multitude of yellers, voicing their opposition to the war, and yes still claiming to the theft of the elections (btw, some still hold true to date).

So, I looked over to my girlfriend and told her it was fine day and it should be enjoyed outside and not inside some 10x20 storage unit baking in the absence of air conditioning. A couple of left hand turns and I was u-turn bound towads a craft store. An hour later I found my place for the rest of the afternoon.

Directly across the Capitol and the 50 - 60 protestors I found myself holding two signs:

"Bomb Iraq" and "Do you think they could do this in Iraq"

My signed signal an immediate mobilzation for about 8 individuals to come across US-27 to my side of the street. Unfortunately, they were not in agreement with me. They got to the point of shoving me but I was getting some support from cars (true be told, mainly rednecks driving their 4x4) but support it was.

The newspaper gentleman started to interview me and this inflamed some. They even went as far as asking him why he was interviewing me instead of them since I was the only one and they were many. Talk about democracy in fucking action. No matter how much I tried to laugh and yell and laugh and yell, I was forced to extend my hand our straight and state, "you are invading my personal space, break the plane, and I will break you". I would like to thank the reporter for his help. I think it would have gotten nasty.

I am prior military and even though I am Cuban, my boxing skills are only limited to one on one.

Of particular note, two girls (one from Syria) was in opposition to the war. Both wore clothing particular to their belief and though they admitted that they could not protest in Iraq or in Syria the US was only in the war because of oil. Later one of the girls drove by on a Mercedes ML 450. No matter how shitty my RC fuel mileage is way better than the ML. Yeah, I forgot to ask her what business her father was in. I bet you it was not farming.