1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max HP from a 600? - Daytona Superbike?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shady, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Anyone have an idea what the maximum HP a privateer or factory team could get out of a 600 with rules that will likely be run in Daytona Superbike. I know it's all conjecture until a full technical rules package comes out, but I was just wondering if a privateer could even run under their structure. Even with a no-rules package it seems that teams would fall short of reaching the HP "limit" on a 600.

With a 3 HP per 1 pound "limit", a 150 pound rider on a 360 pound wet bike (seems like this would be about as light as they could get) would be "limited" to 170 HP! Would it be possible for anyone to reach anywhere near that unless they were fielding a midget?

Given a constant 360 pound wet bike (for a nice round 120 HP base number)here are the HP "limits":

Rider Weight:
    120 = 160 HP
    150 = 170 HP
    180 = 180 HP
    195 = 185 HP

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The 3HP for 1 pound does not include the rider.

3. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

120+/- on a dynojet dyno. Existing AMA Supersport-spec bikes should fit right in.

4. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Gotchya...makes more sense now. I thought I heard from someone that it was going to include the rider, but I guess that didnt pan out.

Seems like it might be a big torque race then.

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Supersport internal rules will preclude building torque monsters...

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

John you just answered the question I was going to ask!! I know the Cdn Superbike rules are unlimited mods with a HP limit. I've been told by pretty reliable sources that those motors are basically WSS motors tuned for torque.

7. paulco135

paulco135 Well-Known Member

why dont the just make you run stock everything. seems like the manufactures would love that.

8. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

there is a horsepower limit of 140 last time I looked and that means if you have 140 hp on the nose your bike is going to have to be 420 and if you have 120 hp your bike can be 360 so that you can have a stock 750 weighing 400 + lbs or a light light 600 with 120 hp

9. FiveOh

FiveOh Well-Known Member

It's 3 lbs per HP