Match Races WERA/AHRMA

Discussion in 'General' started by boaide, Oct 29, 2000.

1. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

I innocently (heh,heh, heh) cross posted a response from a Yamaha BBS to a Vintage Road Race list.

Essentially this AHRMA fellow said "Fred, fast guys race AHRMA (knowing I race in WERA of course)", and it wasn't said in a kidding manner, he was serious. Well the post included the example of one of WERA Vintage's faster guys and how this WERA guy was out of sorts racing with AHRMA guys at Daytona. Well, the WERA guy wrote a long response which denied that he was at all intimidated etc.(I believe the WERA guy, he is fast anywhere)

Then myself and another guy said "why don't we have a joint event and call it a "match race". I suggested Summit Point as the venue of course. Other listers AHRMA and WERA have chimed in saying it would very interesting. Guys with both licenses (like me) would have to declare their allegiance before the race.

It would be great fun if it could be worked out actually. Would it be that difficult to organize? Couldn't let AHRMA use their points structure a first place for them is 1000 points. LOL We would have to work out a points structure and agree on classes that could be run, some match up, but there are substantial differences in others.

Ciao,

Fred

2. WERA

WERA Administrator

Email RIck and Lynne at [email protected]

I think it sounds interesting - as long as we don't get sued by any disgruntled AHRMA racers [​IMG]

3. wera122

wera122 Guest

As long as we call it Team Sean Is Obsolete we shouldn't have a problem. [​IMG]

After all, you always have to ask the boss lady before you do anything anyway, right? [​IMG]

4. WERA

WERA Administrator

You'd get a lot of agreement but probably no lawsuits.

And yes - the boss lady is the boss lady so all things must be run by her first (keeps from making too big an ass of myself).

5. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Sent an email to WERA Vintage. Let's see what happens.

Ciao,

Fred

6. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Ohhhhh that's just too easy

[This message has been edited by Due North (edited 11-03-2000).]

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

What can I say, it was been getting too serious around here PSM (Pre Server Meltdown) I figured I'd throw out a straight line and see what I'd get back [​IMG]

8. WERA

WERA Administrator

was been? I obviously shouldn't post before finishing the first pot of coffee.

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hell we already know that the fastest of the fast race with WERA.

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I too am a member of both WERA and AHRMA. I am equally slow in both orgs.

I would have to say that ~on average~, the riders of both orgs are equal. But different.

The fast guys of AHRMA are faster than WERA guys, only because they have big bucks in their scooters. The slow guys of AHRMA are slower than WERA slow guys, because ... well, they are a bit more challenged in the skill department, and maybe in their physical condition.

Regardless, I would love to see both orgs meet. I would suggest TGPR over Summit, as its new surface is much nicer than Summit. Not to mention that it is ten hours closer.

11. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Closer for whom??? hahaha. Actually, the idea has matured to the point which the USCRA (way up north) guys want in. In that case Rausch Creek, a new track in Pa. that should be ready May first, might be a good venue.

ciao,

Fred

12. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see if both organizations could agree on what bikes would be allowed in each class. For example, WERA Vintage allows all 4-strokes to displace up to 250cc for the lightweight classic class (which I run my 175 bored to 200 in), whereas AHRMA's 200GP class would disqualify my Honda because it has more than the .060 overbore a stock 175cc twin is allowed... (yet a 4-stroker with a stock 200cc displacement would be allowed to run in the 200GP class even if it's displacement exceeds 200cc with the allowed overbore).

13. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

Have you raced at Summit since it was repaved? It no longer deserves the moniker "Slippery Point".

14. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Not only is this thread about different org's now it's whose home track is better. This ought to be good. [​IMG]

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

ask critter what he thinks about the new pavement at slippery point.

16. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Pavement is fine now at Summit wet or dry. The track is open and allows first timers to be competitive, can't say that for many tracks in the south except CMP.

Ciao,

Fred

17. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

We used to call it Scummit Point.

18. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in what it TASTES like.

19. wera122

wera122 Guest

He'll have the sweet tea. [​IMG] Followed immediately by chasing small animals around the pits. [​IMG]

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

people in redneck rastlin dont get slammed as hard as he did. pavements good, funny